Topic: Starting FST on a live account

There is an operational issue I have found when starting FST. I started using FST with a new strategy and when I clicked Start Automatic Execution it entered a trade on the next bar. Eventually this trade turned into a loss which was a pity. When I then loaded the data into FSB and checked it , it showed that the position would have been entered some time before this and had it entered then it wold have been profitable. So what is happening is that the entry signal was still valid and FST entered the trade.

In an ideal world FST would know the trade should have been initiated way back and wait until the next new open signal, but I am not even going to suggest that. It's just something you should be aware of when turning FST to a live account.

Re: Starting FST on a live account

What is the opening point of position?

Hourly High Low

Hmm, it shouldn't have opened a position if price was not in high/low point, developer should look into this.

It was at the high point, the indicator is working correctly as far as I can see. It's a bit moe complicated than I initially stated as I didn't want to burden you all with it, the issue is I have ADD to the position and the initial positions would have been opened a while back when the Hourly High was lower. So the new position was entered into without the first one. The strategy is complicated but unless it starts from a square position it could be a problem.

I was just pointing out an operational issue, maybe it would be sensible to start trading something like this at the start of the week knowing the positions were square over the weekend.

This gives me a wishlist idea: it would be great if there could be a button in FST that would make it wait for an opposing signal before initial entry. For example, if the first signal after starting was to go long, then the option would be to wait for the first short signal before taking that initial trade.

The feature should be optional, because you would only use it when launching a new strategy, vs resuming a strategy already in progress.