Re: connected-disconnected

Sam, what is the build of your MT?

I'm using MB Trading's MT4--Version 4.00, build 409.

I increased the memory available to the virtual machine for Windows in parallels, which seemed to work quite well all day. A little after 3:30 EST however the connect/disconnect issue started up again.

One thought I had is that it might be tied to overall market volume, perhaps the system could be struggling with the rapid changes. That's just a shot in the dark though, I'd have to check it out more closely before giving it any real consideration.

Just wanted to report back with some updated experiences with this issue.

I'm currently running several instances of FST across several accounts. Although I'm still encountering this connected/disconnected issue, it hasn't up to now caused any trouble with slippage or trades being properly executed.

I still can't speak definitively to the cause of course or to the issue's potential negative effects, but at the moment it doesn't seem to be causing a problem in my case.

Will post back with any more significant info on the issue.

FYI there are known issues with the Oanda MT4 demo servers. Specifically, order delays exceeding 30 seconds are common. The problems do not exist (for the most part) on Oanda MT4 LIVE accounts. These delay problems are very apparent when attempting to trade manually. To an EA, the system appears stuck or will give a 'Trade Context Busy' error if the order instruction is resent.

I did some limited testing with FST and an Oanda demo account. During the frequent delays after an order is sent, FST will say 'disconnected' but eventually comes back. I believe these issues are due to Oandas problem.

I plan to use FST on 2 Oanda live accounts and will let you know if there are any major problems.

I had the same problem with UCV cheaper server then I closed all unused charts, I minimized FST and the connection became stable using only one copy of FST.
I think there was not enougth memory or the server was overloaded. I'll upgrade my account...

31 (edited by zpoken 2012-07-30 08:49:58)

Hi, I have the problem when I run several instances on PC:s with less performance. If I put the FST:s  in a mode not showing the chart it looked like it was better, suggesting that the PC has too much to do in regards to its performance.

I never have the problem on High performance PC.