Topic: Strategy help

Hello all, while I am new to the forum I have been playing around with FSB for a little while now. I have a strategy that I would like to test but I am unable to get it set the way I like and was wondering if anyone could help me out. Its a simple 4 hour strategy.

Indicator settings:

MACD - 5,13,9
CCI - 14
Stoch - 5,3,3

Entry Rules:

MACD lines must cross
CCI must cross the zero line at most 3 candles after the MACD cross
Stoch must be pointing in direction of the trade

I am posting a screen shot of an example trade in FSB that I would like it to take. Thank you all for your help.
http://s1.postimage.org/7hxRi.jpg

Post's attachments

help.jpg 502.99 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Strategy help

Thank you for your help, I will try what you have suggested.

The strategy was given to me by an instructor at a forex course I had taken. Its a manual strategy, I just want to back test it and see how well it work if its automated.

Yes  the simultaneous crosses were below my expections and I when I look through the chart I noticed missed opportunities that a manual trade would have taken.

Re: Strategy help

mikew614 wrote:

Thank you for your help, I will try what you have suggested.

The strategy was given to me by an instructor at a forex course I had taken. Its a manual strategy, I just want to back test it and see how well it work if its automated.

Yes  the simultaneous crosses were below my expections and I when I look through the chart I noticed missed opportunities that a manual trade would have taken.

try this - its based on your strategy - just a few different settings and closing position.

Also you should experiment with the risk setting - right now is set pretty high:)

I optimized this with the default FSB chart data.

Post's attachments

EURUSD-4H-XX1.xml 6.85 kb, 6 downloads since 2010-11-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.