Topic: Volume Issue when Exporting from TradeStation and Importing to FSB

Popov,

As there is no EURUSD_M1 data on FSB's historical data base, I have decided to import my own TradeStation-originated data (the whole series M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4 and D1).

Export from TS/Import in FSB works alright, thanks to your thorough explanations on data file format.

However, I still need you to explain me how to relate  the TS 'tick-up' and 'tick down' fields into the FSB 'volume' field.

Does the FSB 'volume' field equal the TS 'tick-up' field only or is there any other arithmetics with 'tick-up' and 'tick-down' fields ?

By the way, why don't you provide anymore some M1 data ?

Thanks for your answer.

Alain

http://s3.postimage.org/1vx58S.jpg

Re: Volume Issue when Exporting from TradeStation and Importing to FSB

Volume is tickup+tickdown.

There is no point to provide data any more. It's much easier and reliable for a user to use data from his MetaTrader. From the same one, which he will use for FST.

You are right when you recommend using the same feed as the one that FST will trade to.

But I am still having an issue on EXPORTING Alpari data (as shown in attached pic) to FSB.

Do you think this unavailability of Alpari's data is only temporary (week-end time ?) or is there any other explanation for this warning message from MT4 ?

Thanks
http://s1.postimage.org/1O18u0.jpg

Forex Strategy Trader uses data from the chart where the expert is attached. The best is the same data to be used for backtest by Forex Strategy Builder.

I prefer exporting data directly from the chart - Ctrl + S from the chart and saving in the FSB data folder.

that makes sense.
and that's what I just did (ctrl-s within the chart on all timeframes) and now the FSB scanner shows consistent and coherent data.
thanks, Popov.