Topic: Posting a strategy - HowTo

Follow the steps:
1. Prepare your strategy with Forex Strategy Builder.
2. Go to menu "Strategy" -> "Publish"
3. Open new topic in the forum.
4. Copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) the code of your strategy and Paste (Ctrl-V) it into the topic. This code is already prepared and formatted properly for the forum. 
5. Write a short description.

Have fun and profit!

UPDATE

You are welcome to use our  Strategy Repo  where you can get new strategies to download and freely use with FSB.

by dopamine

Re: Posting a strategy - HowTo

Is there a way to reverse this process?

I would like to save time in trying published strategies in FSB easier.

Cogito Ergo Sum

No, you cannot.
The published strategy code is not reliable enough to be parsed directly. Many times the users post part of the strategy or add additional comments or signs. That makes it difficult to import.

the only problem is i tried doing it that way but an error happened saying i have gone past 1500 characters - the strategy is 2230 characters:)

soladood wrote:

the only problem is i tried doing it that way but an error happened saying i have gone past 1500 characters - the strategy is 2230 characters:)

Fixed. Now the new users (<10 posts) can post till 3000 characters.

Strategies can be attached to the post by using the Attachment field below the posting window.

http://www.postimage.org/aVzWVqJ.png

Master Popov, there are reportedly Robots-Expert Advisers available wherein it is possible, with the EA attached to a chart, to somehow manually open a position, [say, when all indicators point to an imminent breakout  from a trend], but once opened, for the EA "to manage" that position as if the EA, itself, had opened it. [Exit strategy, TP/SL, etc]  Can that be done with FST?

FST receives actual info from MT4 at every tick. It doesn't matter how and why the position was closed or open. FST will continue following the strategy rules even if the position was modified, open, or close from external robot or manually.

Amazing

Please add your strategies to the new Strategy Repo.

Latest FSB and FSB Pro versions add additional info to the strategy file and it appear automatically in the Repo.

We are working on connecting the Strategy Repo with FSB Pro and later to FSB. For that reason, please upload your recent strategies you have posted in the forum to the Repo. We want to make them visible from the programs.