Topic: What to do next 20 days?

I'm wandering what to do till the end of August?

- Connect FST to MetaTrader 5;
- Connect FST to PathFinder API of FastBrokers;
- Make FST trading multiple strategies in one instance;
- Add Martingale MM and Break Even to FSB;
- Write tutorials and documentations;

Re: What to do next 20 days?

Just add Break Even to FSB, that would be a great addition!

I agree that Break Even is the most important feature to add. Break Even will make a huge difference in trading results.

SpiderMan wrote:

Just add Break Even to FSB, that would be a great addition!

Add portfolio testing feature to FSB

I think that the optimization for the Permanent Stop Loss and Take profit is also necessary. Currenlt it can only be manually optimized.

Testing breakeven would be good. I posted a way to optimize stops here.
http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/2419/slt … y-closing/
A simpler way would be good.
I have been running some correlation strats I can not find a way to backtest any strat that is using more then one pair so a portfolio tester would be something that I think no other free program has.

I started working on  Break Even. My first tests with it are positive. I'll upload a test release these days.
By the way I found a bug with Generator and another bug that hides FSB when a user cancels program exit. Therefore I'll try to publish next bug fix release with Break Even as soon as possible.

its great that you are thinking to link FST to MT5 in the future, but right now maybe its too early:

- we are not sure to see MT5 finalized at end of this year: still many things not done nor implemented: only the FX part is partially coded
- still buggy
- not so many brokers propose it at time (i mean the ones we can trust of course)

Hello,

I m new top this forum

as far as I am testing FSB the Optimizer for stop loss and take profit zould be a great idea .

But I think what is still lacking - but @mail me if I m wrong would be an inverse strategy tester . Usually when you build a strategy and it goes down to zero very swiftly it is a bad strategy but as Charlie Munger the partner of Warren Buffet always say "invert always invert" it is often a good way to find treasure gold strategy or idea.

Thanks for your work

Usually when you build a strategy and it goes down to zero very swiftly it is a bad strategy

It should be because of the trading rules but also is greatly possible the sharp loss to come from charged spread. To check this one can remove the spread and swap fees.
Anyway, it's easy to invert trading rules manually.

How can you do it ?? Is there an invert strategy button

No, there isn't Invert button. It would be not so easy to do one. The trading rules have to be inverted manually. Also SL has to be replaced with TP and vice versa.

Ok explain me - for example I have a strategy where I have an Enter Long at the previous low and Close at the end of the bar on GBPUSD

How can I inverse my strategy to have enter Short at previous low and close at the end of the bar ??

Kapalfa wrote:

Ok explain me - for example I have a strategy where I have an Enter Long at the previous low and Close at the end of the bar on GBPUSD

How can I inverse my strategy to have enter Short at previous low and close at the end of the bar ??

Enter long at previous high (this means it enters short on previous low) for the opening point, and bar closing as the closing point.