Topic: Jforex

Hello. I just wanted to know whether it is somehow possible to implement the FSB in JForex. Maybe similar to Metatrader 4 Export or even better strategy than just the java file.

Re: Jforex

An Australian programmer worked on connecting FST to jForex by using a java expert but I have no info what he was achieved.

ok thanks for the quick response smile

Hello Popov,

Now, we can import Jforex data and I supose that this is wonderful. But can you please explain how this is helping us? Because I understood that we still need the csv file with the normal bars. How exactly is helping us the Jforex data?

WE can use JForex as a data source because it provides tick data freely. This data are for improving the backtest accuracy. The strategy continues running on the main time frame (let's say 1 hour) but FSB uses intermediate data for finding more relevant interpolation route. This is useful in the cases FSB finds Ambiguous bars. In such bars, FSB is not sure what order to execute first  SL or TP. As you can imagine the, it's very important whether SL will be executed or TP. And here comes the intrabar data. FSB scrolls each intermediate bar or tick and may happen to reach the TP before the SL. In that case the SL will be canceled.
If no intermediate data is available FSB follows the chosen interpolation method. (Pessimistic is recommended.)

Thank you for your quick answer.

How can I know if I still have the Jforex data imported?

mentosan wrote:

How can I know if I still have the Jforex data imported?

Once the data have been imported, they replaced the corresponding data files in the Forex Strategy Builder\Data folder. The row jForex files are used once as a source and they are not needed any more.

ok, that means that the data files will be bigger, isn't it? I'm asking you because I'm not so sure that I'm making it good at home. I wish to verify myself.