Topic: Multiple strategies, same currency, How to not conflict?

I have a few strategies that I would like to run. However they each run on the same currency. Because of this it seems senseless to run them at the same time (even though I know you can) because then the positions and strategies would conflict.

One idea would be to do one per account, but mt4 only allows one open instance of itself, so I'd need either a unique broker or unique computer for each one. Neither is desirable.

Do you have any ideas on how I could get around this?
Or is the only real option to develop stats for different currency pairs?

Cheers,
Zachariah

Re: Multiple strategies, same currency, How to not conflict?

Start different MT4 chart screen for each strategy.
Start FST Expert in each chart but set unique Connection_ID and Magic_Number for each of them.
Set FST to work in multiple instances:  "Tools" -> "Allow Multiple Working Copies of FST"
Start different FST for each strategy and enter the corresponding Connection_ID number.

Test this on a demo account first.

Right. I understand that. But I'm pretty sure that if say, one strat wanted to go short, and the other wanted to go long, it wouldn't be possible. But maybe that is just with certain brokers, particularly those in America due to recent legislation. Is this correct?

Are there other brokers that allow both short and long at the same time?

but mt4 only allows one open instance of itself

I don't think this is true at least not in my case. have you tried running  2 that are connected to separate accounts? As far as hedging goes if you want to do that you cant with a US broker.

Shr1k wrote:

but mt4 only allows one open instance of itself

you cant with a US broker.

Kk THat's what I thought. Dang need to start testing on my other then >_< I had such a good strat on my us one too sad

what you are looking for is ability to hedge... i know that Fxcast broker will let you do buy and sell same time ... at least on their demo
hope that helps

Yes in demo they can let you do that. So you can go with it.

I'm a bit confused as to the workings of 'hedging', I understand that it's essentially to lower risk, but what would be the benefit of doing it - and why wouldn't a broker allow you to do so?