Topic: Single Closing Point of the position... how useful?

Hey,

maybe im understanding it wrongly, but i do have some things that dont work quite right for me.

For example: if my "Closing point of the position" is "Account Percent Stop", i cannot set a take profit, or is the takeprofit also at the risked percentage?

I would like to have different "Closing point of the position" for wins and losses.
A scenario might be:
   losses:
      -close position when a signal against the opening signal comes
      -if differing signal does not (yet) show up, close position at a maximum risked percentage
   wins:
      -close on takeprofit or close on percentage that differs from the risked percentage (thereby achiving a different risk-reward-ratio)

If i think about it, it does not even have to be different for stops and losses... just having several different "Closing points of the position" would do.

What do you think?

Regards
Blincv

Re: Single Closing Point of the position... how useful?

Hey,

"Account Percent Stop" with TP is like this:

A same direction signal - Does nothing
An opposite direction signal - Does nothing
Permanent Stop Loss - None
Permanent Take Profit - 50

[Closing Point of the Position]
Account Percent Stop
     Limit the risk to percent of the account
     Account percent  -  2

And "Account Percent Stop" with an opposite signal:

A same direction signal - Does nothing
An opposite direction signal - Closes the position
Permanent Stop Loss - None
Permanent Take Profit - None

[Closing Point of the Position]
Account Percent Stop
     Limit the risk to percent of the account
     Account percent  -  2

I think you want to put them all together, so combine them -  permanent TP, opposite signal close, and lastly account percent stop -, and off you go!

Hope this helps!

Cheers
F

3 (edited by blincv 2011-06-08 01:01:05)

Ahhh thanks lots. big_smile That worked.

I have another suggestion ... will it be possible to click on the different columns of the journal to order the data depending on the data of the column clicked on? Or could you build in the possibility to just show the opening and closing of positions ... without all the "transfers"? Youre probably saying "well you could just look in the metatrader history"... but how am i gonna know which trades come from fst and which are my own? maybe an order-comment from fst would work?

Regards
Blincv

When you hover the mouse over trades in MT, little window pop ups with details, other thing is to pay attention to the FST's magic number.

For time/periods use Data Horizon in the Market menu.

Or could you build in the possibility to just show the opening and closing of positions ... without all the "transfers"?

I just added this option to FSB. A beta will be available soon.