Topic: Parabolic SAR

How can I alter the paramaters for the Parabolic SAR indicator to accept 4 decimal places?
I'm new to the process and don't understand how to change the paramaters in the code and
import the new file.

Is there a section on the forum that explains this process?

Thank you for your help and your incrediblely helpful program!

Re: Parabolic SAR

Dear Popov,

I was able to change the parameters and enter the additional decimal places by using notepad ++.

My question is:

When I run the simulation it seems to only enter long positions.  When I told it to reverse direction I did not change it.  How do I get the simulator to include short entries as well in the PSAR settings?

Thank you.

nuggett11 wrote:

Dear Popov,

I was able to change the parameters and enter the additional decimal places by using notepad ++.

My question is:

When I run the simulation it seems to only enter long positions.  When I told it to reverse direction I did not change it.  How do I get the simulator to include short entries as well in the PSAR settings?

Thank you.

I suggest that you post a pic of Strategy builder showing your indicators, you may have them set up wrong for what you are attempting

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I tried print screen but can't figure out how to post a pic (I'm very new to this process).

I saved a strategy using a Parabolic SAR configuration of .007, .002, .2 from Jan 1, 1999 to current available date.  I used the close and reverse option for closing point of position because I want both long and short entries.  I use no other indicators.

I have a permanent take profit of 250 pips, and the trading size I used is 10%.

I started the simulation out with 10,000 and the current equity is 2,372,192.

I looks great, but it seems that it is opening and closing positions every other day instead of holding for a longer period?

The results look good however and my second question is; is there a way to set up this strategy and get it running live?

Thank you for all of your support.

When you make a reply, you will see just above the box where you type the reply. a place to add an image. click on that and you will see how to attach image

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I see the portion where it allows me to attach an image, I just don't understand how to do a screen capture to attach the file.  When I hit cntrl + print screen, or alt + print screen, no image is saved.