forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Day of Week Exit

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by Popov 2013-09-01 12:49:52)

Topic: Day of Week Exit

Original Request -- indicator to specify closing day, to be more flexible than Week Closing (last day only)

Feature: can specify day-time range for exiting positions

Notes: use filters so you don't enter a position during the exit time. Or else, equity curve goes down quickly because it will open and close positions on each bar.

Please verify it works for you on a demo account before using on real account. If any bugs or unexpected behavior, please advise.

EDIT:

Indicator is available in Repository : http://forexsb.com/repository/repositor … -week-exit

Post's attachments

Day of Week Exit.cs 7.74 kb, 72 downloads since 2011-04-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Day of Week Exit

Excellent of you to prepare a unique indicator and post

Thanks so much.!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Krog

I used this indicator in a strategy I built but I am now not sure it is doing the correct thing. Day of Week Exit has a range for closing the trade so I set it for Friday from 23:30 to 24:00. I ran it live and the close order was sent at 23:59:49 which was then rejected by the broker as the market had closed. I now have an open position over the weekend which is something I hate. I am using 30 min bars. If I set the close time to Friday from 23:30 to 23:58 can you tell me when will the close order be sent? Or will it still wait until just before the next bar is due?

Thanks

Krog

Don't worry, I have found the solution. In FST I changed "Day Closing" to "Day Closing 2" and brought the time forward on a Friday.

Hi SpiderMan,
I know what you mean, I hate weekend positions too, I stop trading Thursday to avoid it.
Glad to hear you found something that worked. To answer question, I have not tested this so only a guess, but I think since it uses Bar Closing, it will send the order just before the end of the bar. I think it will wait just until the next bar is due.

For your case, it might work better to set to Friday 23:05 to 24:00 -- then would send at end of 2 bars, which would be just before 23:30 and then just before 24:00.

I'd recommend giving it a wide margin of 3-4 bars, because there is always the possibility something goes down like the connection or one's computer sometime around the 10 seconds when Bar Closing orders are sent. I suppose the best would be a time closer that says "after the start time, send exit orders every 5 seconds until position is closed". I'd have to ask Mr Popov how to do that though.

Is it possible to get this indicator rewritten for FST vers 3.2 and placed in the repository?
Thanks

Indicator is available in Repository : http://forexsb.com/repository/repositor … -week-exit

Please report any issues.

Hi,

Is there MQL code available for the "Day of Week Exit" indicator?

I have created some promising strategies incorporating the "Day of Week Exit" indicator but realise that I can't export the EA to the Metatrader platform because there is no MQL code, unless I am missing something?

Many Thanks,
Alex

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Day of Week Exit