Topic: Indicators

Hello, This is the first time I have used the forum.  I am just new to FSB.
I see that it comes with a list of built in indicators. I have looked through and some of the conditions that I am after are not there.  I was speaking with someone who indicated to me there were a few hundred different options available.  Can anyone please tell me if there is one place where I can download them all in one zip file, or is it simply a matter of downloading them individually from this forum?

Thanks in advance

Dolmio

Re: Indicators

Hi,

What exactly are you after, custom indicators or different logic conditions of default indicators? Statement that "there were a few hundred different options available" seems to be extremely exaggerated, can you tell us who told you this stuff?

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.  Sorry, I might have the terminology confused.  Probably different logic.
For instance, if I want to open a position once price is X amount of pips above a fractal.   At this time I can only see that it alows me to enter long at an Up Fractal.  It does not allow for the amount of pips after this.  Or for instance, if I wanted to open a position at the open of a candle based on the finishing direction of the candle before.  So if previous candle was long, I want to open a long position at open of next candle. 
I am not sure if there are specific logic avaiable for this, or it is already there and I am just not interpreting it correctly.    Another example would be if I wanted to trail a position by closing out at the Highest High of the last 3 bars.  I cannot find this logic there either. 

Hope you can assist.
Kind Regards
Dolmio

Fract does allow the stuff you mention - it is called vertical shift.
Previous candle - set opening filter as Moving Average period 1, logic "Rises" or if you want to be dead sure, use my custom crossover indi, fix base prices as close/open, logic "is above", and that's it.
Highest high of 3 - there's a custom indi in this forum called Recent Swing High/Low, that should do the trick.

So, as you see it's actually doable, take the time to familiarize yourself with FSB, and let the creativity flow big_smile

Footon

I use the program for many hours daily...... and have been for many months..... and every day or so I see another feature...  there is so much to this software.!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thanks guys, appreciate the input.
Regards
Dolmio

hi guys
there is a page with the source codes :
for example :
http://forexsb.com/wiki/indicators/source/long_or_short
when i past it to text and save it as "long or short.cs"  than i refresh the custom indicators i get an error :
"the name 'long or short' found out in [long_or_short.cs] is already in use."

if the the indicator is already loaded, where is it ?   
Thanks for your help

It's precompiled in FSB, in the source code. In order to modify it:

- line 21 - change IndicatorName to something different (ex "IndicatorName = "Long or Short (1)")
- add CustomIndicator = true;
- Reload custom indicators (Ctrl+I)

Let me know if that works for you

krog wrote:

It's precompiled in FSB, in the source code. In order to modify it:

- line 21 - change IndicatorName to something different (ex "IndicatorName = "Long or Short (1)")
- add CustomIndicator = true;
- Reload custom indicators (Ctrl+I)

Let me know if that works for you

THANK YOU smile After lerning that the " ; " at the end of "CustomIndicator = true" is important, i now have the ability to just take trades in one direction lol
Thanks again Krog  ur the best smile

i have one question about the behaviour of the indicators,  can we totally invert the logic, what i mean there seems to be a lot of combinations that if you played them you would loos fast, can we invert them ie if the indicator normally wanted to buy the FST would sell however it would continue to behave as if it bought so when it wanted to stop loss it would take the profit...  and the reverse is also true.  i guess it's the contrarian approach.

Hi,
I'm new to FSB.
There are many inticators in the "Logic and Parameters of the Indicator" dialog window which I don't know what many of them stand for.
Is there any page that explains the listed indicators and their calculation method, as written in the link "Technical Indicators" page (http://forexsb.com/wiki/indicators/start)?

Thanks,

idipi wrote:

Hi,
I'm new to FSB.
There are many inticators in the "Logic and Parameters of the Indicator" dialog window which I don't know what many of them stand for.
Is there any page that explains the listed indicators and their calculation method, as written in the link "Technical Indicators" page (http://forexsb.com/wiki/indicators/start)?

Thanks,

There is a page on the site that shows the complete code for each of the indicators.

You may have to use google to learn of the design and use of each indicator.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....