1 (edited by gregscott71 2011-02-03 00:11:35)

Topic: Spread

I need help to figure out spread problem: I have working EA and spread is entered exactly the same on Broker as FSB. It seems A sell eur/usd trade set a take profit amount today for one pip below where the ask low ended up, which was 1.3766. My broker has a 3 pip spread. My take profit was set to 1.3768. I wasn't home and trade wasn't closed because the low ask side was 1.3769. One pip kept me out of a winning trade. But in FSB it showed that the trade entered and closed a profit. For some reason When I back test in FSB it shows opening one pip different than FST. For instance in this trade, I back tested data and order entered at sell 1.3702 in FSB. Same EA enters FST real trade at 1.3701. This might have been reason for the one pip discrepency. Is there something I can adjust to get them to "line up"? The reason I put topic as spread was the problem I had. I was wondering if FSB takes in consideration of the difference in the spread on BID/ASK trades. For instance; if I am in a sell side trade and FSB closes the trade,  does it add  spread to the ASK price?

I found the problem the one or two pip discrepency. In FSB in had the fill in data checked. When I unchecked it, it was the exact trade enter price.

Re: Spread

I have set all of my spreads to be about 50 per cent greater than the broker as well as making the swap and slippage exagerated also.

Hopefully this will allow me to deal with the ranging spreads and slippage

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Spread

Terry3 wrote:

Spread should not be that wide that you cannot cope up with it. it should be tolerable. Otherwise it might be a result of loosing the valuable customers!
Las Vegas Senior Apartments

Please enlighten me as to what the senior apartments would have to do with spread on a currency pair.. or are you advertising....?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....