Topic: Source Code

Hi,

I haven't used Strategy Builder before and have one question:
After building a strategy in Strategy Builder, is there a way to generate MQL4 code that can be used as an EA in MT4?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thank you

Dmitri.

Re: Source Code

I had thought of trying that and then i realized that it is far easier to use FSB to update the ea on a weekly basis.

Depending on the ea, the indicators may not be available in metatrader and that will lead to coding difficulties.

IMHO

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

so if I understand correctly FSB talks to MT4 that I have on my computer and sends commands to MT4 or is FSB a platform for trading on its own?
Because if FSB talks to MT4, it needs to send commands in MQL4 that MT4 recognizes.
Thank you in advance for clarification, I've never worked with any strategy builder before, so it is a little confusing for me. Currently I use ACT Platform, where I just write a code which is based on Pascal language.

Dmitri wrote:

so if I understand correctly FSB talks to MT4 that I have on my computer and sends commands to MT4 or is FSB a platform for trading on its own?
Because if FSB talks to MT4, it needs to send commands in MQL4 that MT4 recognizes.
Thank you in advance for clarification, I've never worked with any strategy builder before, so it is a little confusing for me. Currently I use ACT Platform, where I just write a code which is based on Pascal language.

Build the ea using FSB... save it. then load it into FST and connect FST to metatrader using the eas.. Once you learn how yo install FSTrader and read through the instructions you will understand how it works together

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

The link that I provided explains it very well.

First of all, there's FSB and  there's FST!

Forex Strategy Trader is a free trading platform working via MetaTrader platform. It can automatically send and execute trading orders based on a predefined strategy. As long as you are online the software will follow the logic and trade automatically. And yes, it sends out signals in mql. The software allows to import strategies from the backtester - Forex Strategy Builder. So, you develop and backtest a strat in FSB and then trade it on MT through FST.

Please read: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1388/how … -with-fst/