Topic: How to wait after a profitable trade

dear people,
in addition to my post in wishlist thread, i would like to ask something to all of you. i have a quite good scalp system which i currently trry to automate with fst. but there is 1 very big problem which is continous trades. as my system scalps 1min bars there are setups after setups which i cant filter.
shortly the thing i want to ask is,if anyone knows a way to make system stop trading for a specific period; let say 20 minutes after a profitable trade. fst must stop trading at least 20 minutes after a profitable trade and ignore the signals. any help is geratly appreciated.
thanks from now and regards..

Re: How to wait after a profitable trade

I think very elaborate system could be set up using "entry time" and "enter once" indicator, but like I said, it's elaborate, especially if trading zone is 24h.

thanks footon but i'm scalping 1min, so enter once isn't enough for me. i need something like enter once every 10 minutes or so..

I'm confused - is it every 10 or 20 minutes?

And my idea is not to enter once a day, but using "entry time" indi with "enter once" indi in conjunction with logical groups - that's why it will become elaborate. For instance if you set it up for 24h trading, there'll be 24x2 indi sets if trade once in 1h is used. So, in theory it's doable, in practise - you tell me. Hope you get the point now.

Anyway, do you agree with me that your strat is not so mechanical, it requires more discretionary approach?

If you have a specific time period (eg, every 5 minutes: 18:05, 18:10, 18:15, or every 15 minutes: 18:15, 18:30, 18:45, or every 25 minutes: 18:25, 18:50, 19:15) you could create a custom indicator for "Enter Modulo", set parameter to the minutes. But the signal would be exactly on that minute parameter (eg, 18:10 or 18:15 exactly), so if you're scalping strategy gave a signal at 18:12 it would not enter.

If you want it to trade any time, then after a profitable trade wait a few minutes, then able to trade again, I think you would have to modify the FST Expert Advisor. FSB/FST do not have info about trades or if they are profit or loss, only the Expert Advisor in MetaTrader knows that info.

dear friends thx all for your ideas,
footon i guess i understood what you mean but my system work on 1min candles so i need to work it on 30min candles with entry once indicator which is not possible for my system.
and krog unfortunately i dont have any knowledge for coding so it seems not possible for me currently.
anyway thx all for your ideas. i'm still searching for a way..

your friendly programmer can perhaps modify one of the indicators such as 'enter once' to incorporate the wait period. That will not be difficult.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....