Topic: Time of the Day

Hi,

first of all, I've to say Thank you! This Software enables me to test so many things/methods that I would have otherwise just thrown away.

But there is one very important thing that I need to implement to the tester or the result will never be accurate.
Is ist possible to set an time limitation, when to enter trades? 8:00-20:00 mid european time

Also I get this
Error Message:
"Market EURUSD 15 minutes
Maximum days off 61
The data is probably incomplete!"

What does this mean, a limitation on how much data can be used for the testing?

ThX!

Re: Time of the Day

Hello Takeda and welcome in the comunity,
You can use Entry Time indicator. It specifies the period of time when the entry is allowed. The tim e zone is same as in your data files. If the data are not from the required time zone, you can enter corrected entry hours.

Nothing we can do with this error message. Yor data file has a huge gap - 61 days without data. Better delete MT history and export data again.

Thank you very much.

This program is just emazing! Never found such a great freeware!

I'm sorry that I've to ask for help again, but..

I just don't know whats wrong with my historical data. I loaded it from alpari(1min to 1day, as it is described in the tutorial) and then also from fxpro, but I always get this error message..
Is there another ressource where I can get correct data? Maybe someone can send it to me please?

ThX

hello, I have also this problem... How can we solve it?

You have to find a reliable data source.

Try "Cut Off Bad Data" option from Market menu. It will not allow loading the data before the gap. If The data are OK after cutting, you can save the file by using the "Export" -> "Data File" function to overwrite the wrong file.

Other option is to load your data file in a text editor (like Notepad++) and to correct / cut bad data manually.

Hi,

i understand how Time of the Day condition work but i would like to ask you for help,
i created strategy with amazing results but the results depends heavily on Time of the Day condition.
The thing is that my broker's time is GMT +2. I used default history data - are these GMT 0?

Thank you for this amazing tool!
Tomas

togr wrote:

Hi,

i understand how Time of the Day condition work but i would like to ask you for help,
i created strategy with amazing results but the results depends heavily on Time of the Day condition.
The thing is that my broker's time is GMT +2. I used default history data - are these GMT 0?

Tomas

Yes, it's GMT, but I suggest you test your amazing strat with your broker's data as well, there might be differences in data, which might alter strat's performance. Better safe than sorry!

footon wrote:
togr wrote:

Hi,

Tomas

Yes, it's GMT, but I suggest you test your amazing strat with your broker's data as well, there might be differences in data, which might alter strat's performance. Better safe than sorry!

thank you. i will have to forward test it, by broker has very good spreads and execution but very limited historical data