Topic: what is best hardware to run multiple FST's

Hope one of the computer savvy forum members might help me with this.
I want to upgrade an old laptop to something (a desk top PC) that I can run multiple versions of Metatrader 4 and multiple versions of FST.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it more effective to run multiple copies of FST (all within one version of metatrader but attached to different charts, in fact can this be done??) or multiple versions of metatrader each containing a single FST?

2. Secondly, is there a preferred hardware option for running multiple versions of FST and or multiple versions of Metatrader? (excuse the question but have read snippets about single core v multicore, 32 bitt v 64 bitt and would like to make an informed decision)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I did see a post some time back on single core v multi core with respect to use with FSB but could not find the post again today (apologies), but don't think it answered the above questions anyway)

Re: what is best hardware to run multiple FST's

I have a multicore machine and it seems to allow me to operate several FST with one MT4(8gig ram)

I have experienced that Metatrader has trouble with more than 8 FST attached.

Multicore  with a lot of memory and fast CPU is probably best for operating a couple metatrader with several FST

The more complex a strategy is. the more CPU needed and the more memory needed, it is something that you will have to experiment with

I have 4 cores today, I am thinking that i would like to try 8 with much larger ram.......as I like to run several instances of FSB, (I seem to be limited to three at a time when running metatrader, it uses 100% of CPU)

I will like to see what others have to say about this.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

great feedback thank you, exactly the information I was looking for!

I think we are limited as to the number of MT4 instances we can run by the amount of memory we have.

I have three MT4 with a few FST's and I am running out of capacity.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....