Topic: Historical Data

Hello everyone

Im impressed from the software Im trying to make my strategy but I have one
problem. I downloaded my CVS File for EURUSD5 from MetaTrader4 Platform but I receive message from the
FSB that there are to many gaps or missing bars and the Data Horizen is been allawyas cut off in the last 3 months.  So i can not test the strategy in the past months.
I have changed the Data Horizon in this range!

The File is ok and the infos from the quotes are there I can not understaind why the FSB should not parse the file and use the Bar Data.
I try to test the strategy from the begining of 2010 till March or April but that is not working properly.

Dows anybody knows what i have to do ?
Or would anybody submitt a CSV file from EURUSD5 that is working so I could download it and try with it ?

Thanks fro the Help!

Re: Historical Data

If FSB gives a message about missing data bars and gaps, then your data file is corrupted and is not ok. I think I have a hint what is wrong, here's what you should do - delete EU M5 history file from MT, then open MT, and reload M5 data again, I think it'll be necessary to adjust the max bar setting also (to make sure the data extends to the beginning of 2010).

Thanks for Answer footon but unfortunatley it doesent work  neutral  I have deleted all the data and reload it again but FSB doesent linke it and say that they are too much days off and cut the data.
I hope the Weekends are ignored from teh FSB ?! It says alway that at Monday some data is missing and always at 00:00 at monday ?! I Will attach today later a sscreenshot now Im at work.

Weekends are ignored, no problem there. Attach the whole file if you can, that would help to confirm FSB errors.

If you uncheck "Check the data" and "Cut off bad data", does it make a difference? What if you check "Fill in data gaps"?

The most probable reason is that your broker's data feed has very low quality, one suggestion is to try other demo accounts to obtain better data.

Yes Im using all options cut off and fill in and check data.

Do anyone know where I can download a high quality forex history data ?
How do you make your tests which data you are using ?

footon wrote:

If you uncheck "Check the data" and "Cut off bad data", does it make a difference?

Yes Im using all options cut off and fill in and check data.

Who's your broker by the way?

FSB comes with a default data set, have you tried it?

How do you make your tests which data you are using ?

Please rephrase your question, I'm not sure what do you have in mind.

Im using Forex Place but teh historical dta comes from Meta Quotes.
Altaugh I have used now the data delievered from FXB and it works fine so long. I have used also
JForex Tick data and imported it into FXB and it works also.
Thanks for the support and keep up the good work.

PS. Az sam ot balgaria jiveiea v Mannheim germania ot 11 godini i se zanimavam ot izvestno vreme s Forex.
Programata mi pomaga mnogo nadiavam se edin den da moga s neia da rabotia i na  Live account.

Pozdravi

Petar