Topic: Can exit at Bollinger Band be combined with other exit strategies?

Hello, I would like to create an exit strategy that closes a position:

- at the upper Bollinger band, or
- as a result of different logic conditions.

Is there a way of doing this?

When I choose Bollinger Bands as the closing point of position, it gives me the closing option I want:
- (exit at the band),
but it does not allow me to combine with other exit strategies (does not give me the option to use logical groups)

When I select Bar Closing as the closing point of position, I can set up various logical groups with differing exit rationales, but I do not have the option to close a position on touch of the Bollinger Band.
(I assume because of the the use previous close value)

I would really appreciate some help in finding a solution to this

thanks
Dave

Re: Can exit at Bollinger Band be combined with other exit strategies?

dave88 wrote:

When I select Bar Closing as the closing point of position, I can set up various logical groups with differing exit rationales, but I do not have the option to close a position on touch of the Bollinger Band.
(I assume because of the the use previous close value)

PBV is actually used in the first case also, look at the closing points in the chart - position is closed when price touches previous bar BB value, not the current one. Unfortunately logical groups can be applied only with "Bar closing" setting.

Thanks, I had not realised that PBV applied to the Bollinger Band Closing Point of Condition.

But now that you point that out:

I am wondering if there is a reason why the "Exit long at the Upper Band" logic is not available in the "Closing Logic Condition" instead we are only given the choice of "the bar closes above the Upper Band"...or below

Ultimately I am trying to find a way to combine an exit long at the upper band with other logic conditions and can not seem to find a solution

thanks as always for the great suggestion sand explanations
Dave88

What's your timeframe? If it's relatively low, it might work as a compromise, if "bar closes above the Upper Band" is used. Higher timeframe means bigger movements, so it won't cut it I suppose.

About PBV case, if you set base price to open, position will close upon touch!