Topic: Week Closing?

What does week closing actually do?

Re: Week Closing?

I have same strategy. One uses take profit as closing parameter and other uses week closing with some additional logic. They are close but week closing does better. But there seem to be a discrepency on trades FSB take and my demo account with the week closing one. I was wondering what the week closing logic does? Thanks

So a discrepancy between live and FSB (backtest) trades? If so, this is a very serious matter, please post your strategy, and, if possible, screenshots of wrong-goings.

About week closing - position will be closed at the end of week, which usually is the last Friday's bar.

Well, I switched to just take profit. It opens and test down to the pip! This is very encouraging indeed. I just won't use the week opening logic. I didn't have any screen shots to post about the discrepency. Thanks for the reply.

About week closing - position will be closed at the end of week, which usually is the last Friday's bar.

Week Closing closes the position on Friday at 24:00. That is easy to be done in FSB but it may not work properly in FST. One example is if the broker closes at 23:00. In that way FST will close the position on Monday when the first bar arrive. Week closing has to be avoided in FST. Or we simply can close the position manually Friday evening just before going out to the Irish Pub for taking 1-2 glasses of Guines or 2-3 shots of Jack Daniels with our beautiful wife/girlfriend or with our macho boyfriend.

The Irish Pub thing is humurous. But cheers to all your success and mine too!

I am using the "Trailing Stop Limit" as an exit but I would also like to close the position at the end of the week to avoid the weekend gap. I can't seem to be able to do that as the logic will not allow me to add it which ever way round I try and set it up. Any ideas?