forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 4 of 4)

Forex Software → Express Generator → Express Generator - Wish List

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Express Generator - Wish List

Mr Popov,

The Optimizer is great but, while initial generation of strategies, I love to use the normalizer and once I have a good set of starting strategies, then I use optimizer if needed. Using Optimizer upfront overfits a larger majority of strategy which get eliminated during robustness tests. This wastes a lot of time which could be better used to generate more strategies instead.

If possible the Normalizer tool in Express Generator would be a godsend. Thanks

Also the Normalizer removes useless Indicators which also reduces the time required for Optimizing.

> 1] The "min_profit" in acceptance criteria is NetProfit in EA Studio right, net of all spread, swaps and commissions?

Correct! The "min-profit" includes all swaps, spreads and commissions charged during the trading period.

> 2] What does "optimize_protections" mean in Optimizer,

When the "optimize_protections" option is enabled, the Optimizer optimizes the SL and the TP also.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Mr. Popov would like to give you one. Idea
What do you think about putting a switch to optimize the indicators and another to optimize only the TP and stop

It would be very useful for strategy that comes out in the exit indicator to come out only in TP and sl

> It would be very useful for strategy that comes out in the exit indicator to come out only in TP and sl

This is a good idea. I'll just continue working on the separating exit indicators settings and will latest it.
Probably, an option like "optimize_indicators = true" will do the job.

Mr Popov, while generating strategies, I'm getting a lot of useless strategies with average position length less than 10. This is even after taking transaction costs into account. If you could add the following setting to acceptance criteria of Express Generator, it would be very helpful:-

1] "min_average_position_length"
2] "max_average_position_length"

Thanks

But these functions already exist in the definitions of TP and stop what may be happening and exactly what happens to me.. Even with TP and stop on, the robot always closes positions before touching them
But that's due to the express not It doesn't come out yet only on TP or stop

Mr Popov, is it possible to filter or sort collection by the number of indicators used?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Express Generator → Express Generator - Wish List