Topic: Error in operation execution: Trade is disabled

Error message in FST:
Error in operation execution: Trade is disabled
Error message in MT4:
2011.01.05 20:55:25    'XXXXXXX': order buy 0.10 EURCHF opening at 0.00000 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000 failed [Trade is disabled]

I have no problem to Trade directly on MT4.
I had no problem with a my demo account.

Has anyone any idea?

Remark: My 2 accounts (demo and real) have not the same look on MT4 (see attachments). Is this normal?

Post's attachments

Account.JPG
Account.JPG 13.85 kb, 4 downloads since 2011-01-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Error in operation execution: Trade is disabled

Make sure that the "Expert Advisers" button is green

Thanks but the "Expert Advisers" button is green.
And as I explained, that works with the demo account.

Another idea?

are you sure you're logged in? this type of error is common when market is closed, that means prices are not available.

I think there's your problem:

order buy 0.10 EURCHF opening at 0.00000

It can't be zero, it has to have a proper value.

It's not likely to be a problem with FST, I suggest you talk to your broker.

Thanks for your answer footon. I already noticed that the 0 value was strange.

But as I explained, I am 100% able to trade directly with MT4. In this case the message is the following:
2011.01.06 06:35:05    'XXXXXXXX': order was opened : #ZZZZZZZZ buy 0.10 EURCHFeur at 1.27110 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000

So I don't think that my broker can help me.

That really looks like a problem between FST and MT4.

Another idea?

The problem appears with other pairs as well?

What about other EA's, do they work or give an error too?

If you can, post a screenshot of the following: MT->press Ctrl+O-> expert advisors tab-> screenshot

Can you manually execute orders? Maybe the trading is disabled for your account.

footon wrote:

If you can, post a screenshot of the following: MT->press Ctrl+O-> expert advisors tab-> screenshot

YES

If you can, post a screenshot of the following: MT->press Ctrl+O->  expert advisors tab-> screenshot

See hereafter
http://s1.postimage.org/257y61atg/Expert_Advisors.jpg

I never tried other EA's. I will find one and try.

Can you manually execute orders? Maybe the trading is disabled for your account.

YES on MT4, NO on MT4

See hereafter the error messages :

FST:
http://s1.postimage.org/259dfp24k/image.jpg

MT4:
http://s1.postimage.org/259gqrr44/image.jpg

Everything is in order, so only one thing remains: your broker prohibits the use of expert advisor. If you look into MT logs, does it specify the error number? It should be 133.

You don't really have to search the EA's, take the MT's default ones and you'll see what's what, but my money is on broker's EA ban.

I have contacted my broker (FXCM) and they asked me to transfer them the dll file and the mq4 file installed on MT4.
They said they will try to "debbug" them... I'll give you their answer as soon as they replied.

Did someone used FST with FXCM or am I the first one?

Nobody told me  if  it was normal that my accounts were not  the same color on MT4. Is it normal for you?

What account type do you have? Technically if it's ECN, there might be some issues, but I think Miroslav has covered them already.

What color do you exactly mean (screenshot wouldn't do bad smile )?

EDIT: Oh, I remembered now that I saw a few posts with similar problems in other forums, and the broker was the same too, and they resolved their issues by choosing another broker. I hope though it turns out well for you.

Screenshot was on my first post.
Anyway, I have found the answer :
http://s3.postimage.org/raw1v1z8/Account.jpg

No error but the trade does not occur.

No problem with demo account.

http://s3.postimage.org/rl85s538/Other_EA.jpg

Hereafter the answer from FXCM :

MT4 is designed as a Dealing Desk platform and as such comes complete with EAs coded for dealing desk.    FXCM uses No Dealing Desk execution, so in order for it to work we use a bridge through Boston Technologies, and therefore codes need to be slightly modified for it to work properly.

Being that the demo does not use real money and does not execute real trades, it never touches the bridge.  If it never touches the bridge, the demo EA can execute trades since its not bound by No dealing desk execution rules.

Can a FST programmer/moderator do something or do I have to choose another broker   sad

16 (edited by krog 2011-01-07 23:11:47)

From your screenshot posts above, in the "Navigateur" window, one says "FXCM MT4", one says "FxPro". Perhaps in the live trading, FST is connecting to the FxPro version of MT4, not the FXCM version of MT4. If it's using the FxPro version, that might not have FXCM's bridge. Do you know if you have more than one installation of MT4?

It must be something to do with OrderSend I suppose, your sent orders don't contain SL/TP. FST is designed that way that if a broker doesn't allow orders with SL/TP setting (FXCM is listed by developer), it turns them off and adjusts them after trade is opened. So theoretically there might be a problem. But if other EAs don't work either, it's a clear sign that your broker doesn't want you to use EAs in my opinion.

Does FST post in account information tab the following? marked for late stops sending

Firstable, thanks a lot for your help.
Now concenring the question of Krog:

From your screenshot posts above, in the "Navigateur" window, one says "FXCM MT4", one says "FxPro". Perhaps in the live trading, FST is connecting to the FxPro version of MT4, not the FXCM version of MT4. If it's using the FxPro version, that might not have FXCM's bridge. Do you know if you have more than one installation of MT4?

The picture wis FXPro was not a screenshot but only a picture found on internet.

To footon:

Does FST post in account information tab the following? marked for late stops sending

No

no? That's weird, but that gives us a chance, do the following:

*Open FST expert with MetaEditor
*Find line 106

bool     Separated_SL_TP  = false; // It's for brokers like FXCM and FXOpen that don't allow sending OrderSend(..) with SL and TP.

*Change false to true
*Restart MT and try it now when market opens

A couple of more things to try, does it open an order when you manually open a trade in FST?

When Order dialog in MT is opened, are the TP/SL fields grey?

Hello Footon,

In fact I found this message in MT4, expert tab ( but not FST in account information tab ): 2011.01.10 19:01:41    MT4-FST Expert EURUSD,M1: Forex Capital Markets, LLC marked for late stops sending.
Is it serious doctor ?
I have changed the Separated_SL_TP  = true.
No change

A couple of more things to try, does it open an order when you manually open a trade in FST?

NO

When Order dialog in MT is opened, are the TP/SL fields grey?

YES

http://s4.postimage.org/1nsz0andw/TP_SL.jpg

Well, to sum it up, everything works. If you want to use an EA, change your broker, because you can't get one to work with your current broker. I looked into it more, and your broker's claim about "codes need to be slightly modified" is a bit silly, if there was a problem, it should give a different kind of error. "Trade is disabled" error means, that EA use is disabled, and IMO you won't find an EA which works with your broker. Sorry.

I expect you to use FST in the future, so don't forget to change the true to false again in line 106.

The best,
F

Thanks footon,

I will change my broker. I hope I will not have this problem again sad

Hello footon,

I found the message "marked for late stops sending" in MT4 expert tab but not in the FST account information tab. Just for my curiosity, what does this message means? Up to now I didn't had problems with the order execution.

Thanks