Topic: How to Convert Dynamic Zone RSI mq4 to FSB?

Hello everyone!!  I am trying to create an EA using Dynamic Zone RSI in MT4 and I'm getting too frustrated with it.  Instead, I decided to use FSB to help me create and optimize an EA using Dynamic Zone RSI but I noticed it's not in there so I need to make a custom indicator for it.

Does anyone know how to (or could you please) convert this MT4 indicator to FSB?  It would help a lot and I bet you will all find it very helpful as it is pretty much RSI with adjusting alongside bollinger bands and other things as well.

I want to be able to adjust the RSI period and Bollinger Band period if that is doable as I like to change them often smile

My ultimate goal is to buy when the middle line (green) crosses or is below the bottom line (orange) and to close when the middle line (green) is at or above the top line (blue) and visa versa for a sale.

Thanks for your help!!

Side Note: does FST automatically incorporate hidden SL and TP?  I've noticed as it trades it sets no limit on my MT4 but then will close at TP or SL set in FST.  I just wanted to verify that smile

Post's attachments

Dynamic Zone RSI.zip 871 b, 54 downloads since 2011-01-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: How to Convert Dynamic Zone RSI mq4 to FSB?

I'll bite.  I'm playing with indicator code anyways.  no promises right not though, but I'll try.

You rock, thanks a bunch!! big_smile

You're welcome.

See how this works for you.  I didn't test it extensively, but it should be at least close.

Post's attachments

Dynamic Zone RSI.cs 23.51 kb, 53 downloads since 2011-01-06 

5 (edited by DragonEagle 2011-01-06 01:50:35)

ok it draws right, but I need to work on the logic a bit.

[Edit]
This may take a bit longer.  There's no logic in the program to check to see if a moving average crosses a band.  I'll have to code it into the indicator.

Great job, Allen!

Seems promising:
http://s1.postimage.org/1wsvxot1g/dzr.jpg
I'll put it live when I have a chance, the notorious case of "FSB doesn't match FST" needs to be sorted lol

Thanks, footon.  still needs work though.  I should have a functional prototype later tonight.

Ok this might work a little better.  big_smile

For some reason, the file didn't attach

Post's attachments

Dynamic Zone RSI.cs 27.56 kb, 33 downloads since 2011-01-06 

10 (edited by RDKamikaze 2011-01-06 05:37:49)

Thanks a bunch!!  I think the Dynamic Zone RSI indicator is one of the best out there.  I love RSI as many others do, but the problem with it is that the limits never moved with the trend.  However, this one does as it adjusts with bollinger bands and traditional RSI, cool huh?  wink

Thanks again, this will help profit-gaining strategies do MUCH better!!

EDIT:  Is there a way you can make this an opening point of the position instead of an opening logic condition?  Same with closing point and logic, thanks!! big_smile  My goal is to make a basic strategy with this indicator smile

It can be done, but there's a draw back to it being a closing point.  You won't be able to add any additional closing logic.

See if this does what you want it to.  sorry wasn't able to test it.  I'm doing about 5 things right now.

Post's attachments

Dynamic Zone RSI.cs 28.18 kb, 73 downloads since 2011-01-06 

Thanks for the new one!  The only problem is that it isn't doing anything for me (as in opening or closing positions) as an opening/closing point but works fine as logic.  Did I do something wrong uploading it on top of the other one (oops?) or something?

Thanks again for all your hard work!!  Take your time and enjoy your life, I'll figure it out eventually smile

No you did it right.  I'm attaching a strategy that I put together using it.  It looks like it works better at least with back testing if you don't use previous bar.  not sure why.  I like the way it's working, I'm going to try forward testing it.

Post's attachments

DZRSI.xml 8.33 kb, 37 downloads since 2011-01-06 

Could you provide a screenshot of the equity chart and the time frame you did your backtest on and with which broker?  Mine is showing terrible results for Dec-Jan (I know it's short but it's still terrible). sad

Mine is actually shorter due to the fact that I change strategies every week to stay with the market. I only test against 1 week of data on instaforex.  I should also add that this is just a base strategy and it may require additional filtering.  Also that the accuracy of the indicator is more important than it's profitability.

Post's attachments

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG 18.39 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

EURUSD 5 min instatrader date of begining 11/29/2010

Post's attachments

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG 21.44 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Not bad, I'm sure a few tweaks or an additional indicator would cut a lot of those losses out!!

As an update, I optimized an EA I've been working on and from Jan 2-5 on NZDUSD, it had over 11% profit with only 3.5% DD so I'm stoked to see how my forward test goes!! big_smile  I just got another idea to even see if I can create variables that are above/below the top or bottom line so I'm not just limited to those, giving it more of an RSI feel!

Wish me luck, I feel like I'm onto something!! big_smile  Thanks for your help too, I'll keep tuning with FSB as well smile

Good luck! I'll be posting the strategy I'm going to be forward testing shortly.  It's against GBPJPY which on instaforex has a 7 pip spread.  I'll post it's projected equity curve along side it.

Here's the strategy I'll be testing with.

Post's attachments

GBPJPY Test case.xml 10.62 kb, 38 downloads since 2011-01-06 

And the test equity graph

Post's attachments

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG 14.34 kb, 2 downloads since 2011-01-06 

I saved a profitable strategy to be tested in the future, today I opened it and it looks like this:

http://s2.postimage.org/14vohdrhg/dzr2.jpg

Indicator lines are flat, so no trades. A bug in the indicator?