forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 14 of 14)

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Pages Previous 1 12 13 14

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list

Dear Popov

Most popular trading strategies use at least one of their opposite entry criteria as exit (same indicator, same period, same parameter),

for example buy when fast MA crosses slow MA upward AND price above 200 EMA (vice versa for sell) and exit when fast MA crosses slow MA downward OR price below 200 EMA,

It's just similar to reverse feature which is already exist in EA Studio, but we only need one of indicator entry as exit instead of all (OR instead of AND)

I think it'll save time to find robust strategies with desired criteria, because the generator doesn't need to look for different indicator/parameter variations for exit, just use one of the opposite entry criteria.

Could you please add such feature to EA Studio?

Best regards.

do or do not there is no try

It's already possible now. If EA Studio would think that this is a valid and well working approach for a strategy, it would add one of your entry indicators as an exit indicator with the exact same settings like it's using for the entry. If it doesn't find such a strategy, it's simply not a good way to exit the trade. However, you can simply manually "copy" one of your entry indicators to an exit indicator with the exact same settings. This will do exactly what you are looking for. All exit indicators work independent from each other, they are not chained like the entry indicators.

328 (edited by yonkuro 2023-03-14 11:52:37)

geektrader wrote:

It's already possible now. If EA Studio would think that this is a valid and well working approach for a strategy, it would add one of your entry indicators as an exit indicator with the exact same settings like it's using for the entry. If it doesn't find such a strategy, it's simply not a good way to exit the trade. However, you can simply manually "copy" one of your entry indicators to an exit indicator with the exact same settings. This will do exactly what you are looking for. All exit indicators work independent from each other, they are not chained like the entry indicators.

Thanks geektrader,

Yes I understand that exit indicators work independent from each other,

The problem is I can't filter those strategies, and also if I optimize it the parameter between entry and exit indicator will be different.

The closest approach I can do is to set "Reverse" on strategy properties and use "do not exit" indicator, but it'll use the entire entry rule to exit and open opposite direction.

I would like EA Studio to just exit the current trades if one of the entry rules met.

Add an option to the EA Properties box "Min equity protection" to use either dollar or percent!

Dear Popov,
Are there any hopes of having a Martingale feature in EA Studio?
Would be great to have it.

> Are there any hopes of having a Martingale feature in EA Studio?
I'm planning to develop another application for Grid Trading. It will have Martingale.
I may add Martingale to EA Studio also at some point.

It would be great to have Martingale on EA Studio big_smile
Can't wait!

Yes, I'd love to see the grid trading feature

Dear Popov, could you include the number of indicators in the acceptance criteria?
Maximum Input Indicators
Maximum Output Indicators
Minimum Input Indicators
Minimum Output Indicators
That was very helpful, Thanks!

Dear Popov,

there are "Candle Color" and "Pin Bar" as exit rules in Express Generator, but they are not available in EA Studio, could you please  add them to EA Studio?

Best regards

Popov wrote:

> Are there any hopes of having a Martingale feature in EA Studio?
I'm planning to develop another application for Grid Trading. It will have Martingale.
I may add Martingale to EA Studio also at some point.

Can we have more info on the Grid Trading App ? maybe a release date ? big_smile

> Can we have more info on the Grid Trading App ?
Yes, you can.
My current (I really mean "current") plans (in no particular order) are:
- release app for analysing MT Reports - it will sort and filter Expert Advisors by different metric stats by looking at the orders magic number. (currently at 40%)
- expand Express Generator to export MQL Expert Advisors (portfolios ...)
- make an app that generates strategies on my server with Express Generator. Then re-validate them every day on newer data. Make it possible to review the strategies by actual performance on newer data and download Expert Advisors.
- expand the EA Studio Data Horizon to take Start-date and End-date as a number of days. (as in Express Generator). Also, add a Trade-start date (or a number of days).
- a Grid backtester and generator (as a separate app or within EA Studio)
- expand Express Generator and EA Studio to backtest with real spread (instead of fixed spread as now)
- make a Trading Calendar service with the possibility for the EAs to suspend training for +-N minutes on the news time.

Thanks for the updates. Looking at your list, I guess the much needed basic functions we talked about a few months ago (break even and trailing stop) for EA Studio / Express Generator are not going to be implemented anymore? Thanks.

339 (edited by McNonymous 2023-09-30 23:36:32)

A profit indicator.

I Have so many trades that close with a small loss. Would it make sense to wait till the trade is profitable before looking for the exit? I think it could be done with a simple indicator with minimum profit added to the indicator list. Is this possible already? I might have missed it in ESA and Express.

Thank you.

340 (edited by Blaster79 2023-10-05 17:10:29)

I would like to have the opportunity to have among the "Validation Criteria" for MC and WF the ability to refer to the original backtest, for example:

Minimum Ret/DD: 95% of "Original" Ret/DD
Minimum Profit Factor: 50% of "Original" Profit factor

this way it would be possible to filter out strategies that deviate too much from the original strategy instead of relying on fixed parameters.

Hello,

I would like a way to ignore Buy orders or Sell orders when I want.
Is there maybe an easy workaround for now and edit the code in metaeditor on portfolios?

Dear Popov,

I wish for multiple open position setting like this
https://i.ibb.co/FJkRg2k/SS-16112023.jpg

Best regards

i wish we will have more money management options.
as i know myself and not the entry point is the key..the key in trading is money management. How to handle the trade.
maybe its not possibble to make the generator with such money management but let generate with the indikators and later we have some money managements options to implement.

Ok than we do not have the same chart as the generator do or the same result. But did you ever have profitable strategie out of the box?No i dont think so cause the key is to manage the trade. So we generate a good base with the generator and than add Money Management which can be added switched on/off or what ever.

In fact, the point you made is extremely important, the FSB carries out a type of management based on entry and exit and increase and decrease in batches, but I live in Mana gement as a whole must be used in the strategy. based on management because at the end of the day we would be operating with management instead of with strategy but I believe it would be very intelligent to create the strategy and then add management so management would not be the reason for entering or leaving the operation but rather a way to deal with the points at the exact moments when the strategy fails

Hello, Mr. Popov,

I hope this message finds you well. I've come up with an idea for a remarkable new feature. As we're aware, the Express Generator does not include strategies that exit solely on Take Profit (TP) or Stop Loss (SL). I propose a functionality that not only addresses this limitation but also expands its application further.

Let me provide an example to illustrate. How about we generate numerous collections using the Express Generator and then, upon importing them into the Expert Advisor Studio, we leverage the Validator tab within the Optimizer section to introduce an option to enforce indicators? For instance, by selecting the "Optimize Predefined Indicators" option, if a strategy was initially created without a specific indicator, selecting this option would automatically prompt the new Optimizer and Validator to include and optimize this new indicator within the existing strategy. While I'm aware this can currently be performed manually, it's not feasible to do so en masse with large collections.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

i Popov,

I'm excited to discuss the Anti-Martingale functionality for your robot creation tool. This feature can be a valuable addition for traders seeking to manage risk and capitalize on winning streaks. Here's a detailed breakdown of its functionalities and their potential benefits:

What is Anti-Martingale?

Anti-Martingale is a trading strategy that increases your position size when you're winning and decreases it when you're losing. This is the opposite of the Martingale strategy, which carries higher risk. By focusing on profitable trades, Anti-Martingale aims to maximize gains while minimizing losses.

Benefits of Anti-Martingale:

Reduced Risk: This approach protects your capital by scaling down positions after losses, preventing catastrophic blowups.
Capitalizing on Wins: By increasing positions on winning trades, you can potentially magnify your profits during winning streaks.
Psychological Advantage: It promotes a calmer trading mindset, encouraging you to be less impulsive and more disciplined.
Key Functionalities:

Max Trades: Set a limit on the number of consecutive Anti-Martingale trades in a series, avoiding excessive exposure.
New Deal on Bar End: Open trades only at the beginning of a new bar, ensuring proper timing and alignment with your trading timeframe.
Minimum Pause: Define a minimum gap between trades in the same direction, preventing overtrading and allowing for market fluctuations.
Martingale Signal: Restrict Anti-Martingale trades to occur only when triggered by dedicated "Open Martingale" signals, aligning with your overall strategy.
Customization Options:

Lot Increasing Mode: Choose from various methods to increase position size: Sum, Fibo, Martin, Martin Sum, Logistic Growth, Soft Martin, or Custom Coefficients.
Lot Coefficient/Adding/x0: Define the specific values used for calculating lot sizes in each subsequent trade.
Step Size: Set the distance between each Anti-Martingale order, either in points or as a coefficient of volatility.
Step Increase Coefficient: Gradually increase the distance between positions, potentially amplifying gains during extended winning streaks.
Min Step Size: Prevent excessively small positions for better risk management.
Anti-StopLoss:

Anti-StopLoss Size: Define the initial StopLoss level for the entire Anti-Martingale series, protecting against significant losses.
Reduce Size & Coefficient: Enable automatic reduction of StopLoss for subsequent trades, mitigating risk as the series progresses.
Min Anti-StopLoss Size: Set a minimum level for StopLoss to ensure its effectiveness.
Anti-StopLoss Mode: Choose the reference point for calculating StopLoss (average open price, last open price, or first open price).
Anti-StopLoss Calc Mode: Specify whether to calculate StopLoss in points or based on volatility.
Additional Features:

Allow TakeProfit: Enable TakeProfit orders for Anti-Martingale trades to secure profits and manage exits strategically.
ActivePeriod: Restrict Anti-Martingale trades to specific times or market conditions, aligning with your trading plan.

I would like to inform you that after the latest updates you made to the Studio, when we set it to create a strategy that only exits either in the stop loss or in the take profit with the indicator exit function marked in do not hesitate, it still continues creating strategies with outputs in the stochastic moving averages and other indicators that are not marked, I know this happens very frequently, including on the Xperia generator, in other posts I had already mentioned this problem, I don't know if it was just a momentary bug with me or if this will continue But the question is that now the only way to generate strategies that exit either in TP or SL is to leave it as a pre-defined indicator in exit

What about a kind of logic behind the magic number and the strategy ID?
A way to track back from the magic number to the id number.

Please average Winning and loss!! its very important

> What about a kind of logic behind the magic number and the strategy ID?

There is no relation between the MAgic number and the ID shown.
The Magic number is a hash number calculated from the strategy parameters. It ensures that equal strategies have equal Magic Numbers.

Pages Previous 1 12 13 14

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Expert Advisor Studio - Wish list