forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → EA Studio restarts and does not save data.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by jgang 2022-11-28 16:06:33)

Topic: EA Studio restarts and does not save data.

First I want to say that I am Spanish and this text has been translated by the google translator, I am sorry if something is not understood.

I only use one generator at a time, why? When I use several and close the browser, these collections are not saved. I searched the forum and saw that Popov said that data is overwritten, or copied on top of each other, then there can only be one saved collection. Certain?

My problem is that I had been running the reactor for five days and last night I turned off the PC thinking that this collection would be saved, since I only have one. Why wasn't it saved? What do I do to save the collection? I feel like I'm wasting my time

Thanks and sorry if it's not very clear.

Re: EA Studio restarts and does not save data.

Hello Jgang,

Welcome to the forum!

EA Studio saves the Collection wen the browser closes or reloads the EA Studio page.

It is perfectly safe to use multiple browser instances simultaneously to generate collections.
If you do it, you have to consider that each closed instance will override the settings and collections of the previous one.
However, the usual practice is to export the Collection before closing. Exporting the Collections works with one click only.

> I turned off the PC thinking that this collection would be saved, since I only have one. Why wasn't it saved?

By "turned off", do you mean using the OS means of shutting down or do you press and hold the computer's Power button smile)

It should be saved in the most common case. What may happen is that the browsers may not respond fast enough to the "Turning off"  and OS might forcefully shut the browser down.

Letting EA Studio run for 4 days without exporting is a little overthrust. I would export the Collection every time I check it (or at least 2-3 times per day)

Having the OS set to "Always run" is a must in such cases. Having UPS also reduces the risk.
I personally have one big UPS for my main machine and one smaller one for the monitor.

3 (edited by jgang 2022-11-29 20:05:20)

Popov wrote:

Hello Jgang,

Thanks for answering so quickly! In a short time I have read a lot of what you have written over the years and it helps me a lot.

Popov wrote:

Dejar que EA Studio se ejecute durante 4 días sin exportar es un poco exagerado. Exportaría la Colección cada vez que la verifique (o al menos 2-3 veces al día)

I wanted to have all the strategies that I like for my portfolio in EA Studio, compare them there and choose the ones that I am going to use, I see that this is very risky. I think it is better to be a little more strict with my criteria so that very few pass the tests, download them and compare them in metatrader. There if I can use several reactors at the same time, because I no longer want to keep my strategies on the web.

Do you think there is a better way?

> I think it is better to be a little more strict with my criteria so that very few pass the tests,

This is a usual practice. However, there is also another approach - to have more strategies generated on loose criteria and to revalidate them later on new, unseen data.

> because I no longer want to keep my strategies on the web.

In reality, the EA Studio user's strategies never go "on the web". Even though the browser stores the strategies, they are in the user's machine in something called "Local storage".
But of course, having them in files is the correct way to store startegies and collections.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → EA Studio restarts and does not save data.