forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → EA studio stops calculating when display is turned off?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: EA studio stops calculating when display is turned off?

Hi Popov,

I am just wondering if there is a way to make EA studio keep calculating on laptop if display is turned off. I just mean set the option "turn off display" and not go to sleep?

I just tested this and I notice that even though the timer on the generation tab keeps counting for some reason calculations stop? I would have expected either both to stop or both to keep increasing but not just timer keeps counting but calculations stop?

Are there any settings that need changed or is there a way to keep calculating that can be included in the code?

Its not much of an issue for me as I am mostly using express gen to generate but it would still be great if this could be addressed somehow?

Cheers,

Sam

Re: EA studio stops calculating when display is turned off?

>  if there is a way to make EA studio keep calculating on laptop if display is turned off

Yes, you can do it.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/windows-power-settings-thumb.png

However, I'm unsure if the browser suspends the computations (if it does, it should be able to switch it off).

Okay so it seems it could be something to do with chrome settings? My display turns off but everything is still running and the computer is not is sleep mode.

I’ll check out if I can find what browser settings would prevent the calculations stopping when the screen is off on laptop.

Cheers

You´ll need to do it via the command line, because the background throttling option can´t be configured in the Chrome flags anymore in the latest versions. Follow this post and the issue should be fixed:

https://forexsb.com/forum/post/66644/#p66644

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → EA studio stops calculating when display is turned off?