1 (edited by geektrader 2022-11-02 19:43:19)

Topic: GraalVm vs NodeJS

Thanks!

Just tested this a bit. The double performance of 2.6 only is effective on NodeJS. If using GraalVM Javascript engine, 2.6 is just as fast as 2.4 (2.4 even a little faster). This shows that GraalVM Javascript engine, compared to NodeJS, already optimized the data structure (arrays) during runtime on the previous versions of 2.6 in such a good manner, that the change you did in 2.6 only makes a difference for the slow NodeJS runtime.

GraalVM Javascript engine again beats NodeJS on version 2.6 *and* 2.4 in total generated strategies even already after only 12 minutes of running.

https://i.ibb.co/BrzSr5D/Untitled.png

Re: GraalVm vs NodeJS

geektrader wrote:

Thanks!

Just tested this a bit. The double performance of 2.6 only is effective on NodeJS. If using GraalVM Javascript engine, 2.6 is just as fast as 2.4 (2.4 even a little faster). This shows that GraalVM Javascript engine, compared to NodeJS, already optimized the data structure (arrays) during runtime on the previous versions of 2.6 in such a good manner, that the change you did in 2.6 only makes a difference for the slow NodeJS runtime.

GraalVM Javascript engine again beats NodeJS on version 2.6 *and* 2.4 in total generated strategies even already after only 12 minutes of running.

https://i.ibb.co/BrzSr5D/Untitled.png

i think you need special hadware or something to have better results on graal.. i have rund now 6 hours graal and the new version ...and node is on my laptop 3 times faster...

I haven't made exact comparisons with EAS, but my first tests with EG on a Ryzen 3970x system were very sobering.

I would love it if Popov System would post requirements for the products, it would save a lot of money for beginners.

4 (edited by geektrader 2022-11-03 23:42:55)

The system requirements totally depend on the amount of data you are using. If you are happy with crunching on a few thousand bars, any low-spec system will do. If you are going for 30 years on M5 with nearly 3 million bars, well...

@Roughey: odd, where ever I´ve tested it, from my laptops to my desktop, GraalVM is always beating NodeJS. But only if using the GraalVM Enterprise Edition, not the Community Edition (as mentioned in my other thread).