forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Do Not Trade Gaps

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Do Not Trade Gaps

Hello popov
Most of winning trades i found with a steady curve are triggered by gaps!. do you have any optional filter to prevent trading gaps.

Thanks in advance

Re: Do Not Trade Gaps

- Use quality data without gaps
- Enable close on Friday to avoid weekend gaps

I think i were not clear i my request

I mean if a strategy produce 100 % of its trades when gaps exists,  i.e " the Triger is the gap not the indicator it self"

when this happens we have an option to filter such trades ( its something like ambiguous bars filter ).

Donchian channel & Bollinger bands are an example for such behavior so instead of uncheck the indicator  lets filter uncommon trades and let the indicator itself produce other strategies .

Regards

I know exactly what you mean. You are getting a lot of strategies that trigger during rollover (most often 00:00 server time), they look great in the backtests and they won´t work at all in reality because the spread is extremely high during these few minutes at the start of rollover. The solution is easy: You´ll simply have to filter out these "gaps" (not really a gap but spread spike) from your trading times. Set your trading session to 01:00 -> 23:00 to skip the Asian session completely and close trades on Friday to skip weekend gaps. Voila, the issue is fixed (that´s how I am doing it for years to avoid getting such strategies).

geektrader wrote:

I know exactly what you mean. You are getting a lot of strategies that trigger during rollover (most often 00:00 server time), they look great in the backtests and they won´t work at all in reality because the spread is extremely high during these few minutes at the start of rollover. The solution is easy: You´ll simply have to filter out these "gaps" (not really a gap but spread spike) from your trading times. Set your trading session to 01:00 -> 23:00 to skip the Asian session completely and close trades on Friday to skip weekend gaps. Voila, the issue is fixed (that´s how I am doing it for years to avoid getting such strategies).

Nice idea never come to my mind before !. I will give it a try

many thanks GeekTrader

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Do Not Trade Gaps