Topic: What do you think about this situation?

What does the yellow bar in the chart mean? I know green means a buy and red means a sell but what does yellow mean?

Also, what do you think might be happening...here is the scenario...my system opens a trade normally with t/p and s/l in place. However, when I check back and look at the trade later in the day it is closed with zero profit and zero loss and it says the open price is the same price at the s/l. Earlier in the day when the trade opened though my s/l was placed 25 pips below the open price. Any thoughts? Have a good day,

WaveSurfer

Re: What do you think about this situation?

Ah, in addition just now trader opened a new trade for me without the stop loss I have programmed. I have a 25 pip stop loss programmed but a stop loss that was equal to the open price was put in place when the trade opened. Why would this be? Thanks

Yes I do have breakeven set at 7 pips. Is this the factor affecting the situation? If so please explain? Also, would you please explain the breakeven feature? I thought I understood it but maybe I don't.

Yes I do have breakeven set at 7 pips.

It means that when the position makes 7 pips profit, FST will place a SL to the entry price. The idea of Break Even stop is to protect you from a loss after a predefined profit was reached.

If you have Stop Loss 25 pips and Break Even - 7 pips, the program will set SL at 25 at the moment of opening the position. If the market goes in the opposite direction, the position will be closed at 25 pips (+ spread) loss. If the market moves in a favorable direction, FST will move the SL to the break even price.

(the numbers 7 and 25 are acceptable if your broker uses 4 digits for EURUSD. If it uses 5 digits, however, you have to set SL to 250 and Break Even to 70.)