forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 2 of 2)

Forex Software → Premium Club → Cannot match FSBPro and Mt4 trades?

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Cannot match FSBPro and Mt4 trades?

I'll check it today.

Thank you for the report.

Just check one recent trade to be sure it is not because of the fixed exchange rate.

I'll think of how to load the full exchange rate data to cover the complete data series.

Hi Popov, I already did the recent trade check. Same issue.

I have similar results in EA Studio and MT4 for EURJPY when the account is in USD.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/compare-eas-mt4-eurjpy-match-thumb.png

I just realised that the profit of AUDNZD can be calculated to USD simply by multiplying by the NZDUSD rate.
It works because the profit of AUDNZD is calculated in NZD, and we have an NZDUSD quotation.

I was surprised that it was not happening that way and found out that the NZDUSD rate was missing from the list.

It appeared that the cross rates were mysteriously missing from the ticker of the MT I'm using for the purpose.
I have a server that updates the rates every minute. FSB Pro and EA Studio load new rates at every start.

Now we have the full list of exchange rates as follows:

{
  "AUDUSD": 0.69876,
  "EURUSD": 1.01983,
  "GBPUSD": 1.20857,
  "USDCAD": 1.28519,
  "USDCHF": 0.95523,
  "USDJPY": 134.715,
  "AUDCAD": 0.89804,
  "AUDCHF": 0.66748,
  "AUDJPY": 94.136,
  "AUDNZD": 1.11134,
  "EURAUD": 1.45933,
  "EURNZD": 1.62195,
  "GBPAUD": 1.72934,
  "NZDUSD": 0.62864,
  "GBPNZD": 1.92207,
  "NZDCAD": 0.80791,
  "NZDCHF": 0.6005,
  "NZDJPY": 84.689,
  "CADJPY": 104.812,
  "CHFJPY": 141.015,
  "EURCAD": 1.31075,
  "EURCHF": 0.9742,
  "CADCHF": 0.74317,
  "EURGBP": 0.84375,
  "GBPJPY": 162.814,
  "EURJPY": 137.389,
  "GBPCAD": 1.5532,
  "GBPCHF": 1.15445
}

Great, so it was a missing info. Explains why anytime i have checked in the past everything has tied up but AUDNZD is a relatively new pair for me.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of it quickly:-)

Do I need to install a new fsbpro?

> Do I need to install a new fsbpro?

I prepared the new release but still cannot receive my updated Code Signing Certificate from Contabo. I'll post an update when it is ready.

I have to fix some more things and will release an official FSB Pro v4.0

> Thanks for getting to the bottom of it quickly:-)

I still have trouble to match the MT results completely.
It looks like the MT test mismatch the tester setting.

I just experienced that the MT Tester applies dynamic spread no matter I fix it to 10 points, and ever worse, it still calculates in EUR (my account) despite the fact I set it to calculate in USD. Tick Value must be 1, but it is 0.98 as per EUR calculations.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/mt5-wird-settings-thumb.png

The commission and swaps also play tricks.

Great,

I am really really looking forward to v4 of Fsbpro :-)

I want to start working on writing some custom indicators for fsbpro.

I will be scouring back over old forum posts for info on how to do this but if you could point me in the direction of any resources or links that will help me implement this easier that would be much appreciated.

I can get to work on this meantime while awaiting fsbpro 4 as I have a couple of days off work :-)

Was gonna start by very simply just copying and renaming one of the existing indicators just to take it through the process and then I’ll modify further.

It’s mainly the how to make sure it works both in fsbpro AND mql4 that I am struggling to understand how to do?

Hi Popov,

How come the ATR stop indicator values are not showing up in FSB Pro when I do the comparison shown?

The ATR Stop calculates a value for each bar.
When FSB Pro opens a position, it takes the current ATR Stop value and sets the SL of the position.

For the following bars the ATR has new values, however the positions SL is fixed (if not trailing).

It will be misleading if we show the ATR Stop indicator value because it will not correspond to the position's Stop Loss.

The ATR value is set to not be shown in the "Dynamic information" panel in the chart.

Tak a look at the source code: https://github.com/PopovMP/FSB_Pro_Indi … AtrStop.cs

ATR Stop

Component[0] = new IndicatorComp
            {
                CompName = "ATR Stop margin",
                DataType = IndComponentType.IndicatorValue,
                FirstBar = firstBar,
                ShowInDynInfo = false,  // <= This prevents the value to be shown
                Value = atrStop
            };

You can make a custom ATR and to modify the it `ShowInDynInfo = true` or to simply remove the line because it is `true` by default.

Please note that the SL and TP are special parameters and you cannot control them via Custom indicator.

Ah yeah, that makes perfect sense. ATR is changing with each bar but the stop loss was set when trade opened based on the value at this time.

Good to know, I might make it show with custom indicator for a while for checking purposes so good to know how but am happy to understand why it's not showing

just thought Id add to this thread that there was no similar bug in EA studio. I had my account currency set to AUD instead of USD as I thought was the case. All is well :-)

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Premium Club → Cannot match FSBPro and Mt4 trades?