forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Adding new indicator to FSB

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by Zhiar33 2022-01-07 09:48:01)

Topic: Adding new indicator to FSB

How I can add my own indicator to FSB?
I want to add TMA to FSB

Re: Adding new indicator to FSB

The easiest way is to modify some of the existing indicators.

Here you can find all of the embedded indicators in the FSB Pro distributions: https://github.com/PopovMP/FSB_Pro_Indicators

Here are all community-developed custom indicators: https://forexsb.com/repository/repository_indicators/

You need an indicator written in C# for FSB Pro. You also need to have an MQL analogue of it for MetaTrader.

I have two indicators in my MT4 and I am using them during my trades.
How I can convert them to C# then adding to FSB?

4 (edited by jetaro 2022-07-24 15:35:43)

learn how to program in c# smile or ask Footon and give him a lot of money smile

I have the same question, happy enough that I can make things work in C# by modifying existing indicators.

But how does it work when exporting to export advisors? What extra work needs to be done to get that working as all I see in the repository is c# code?

Cheers

sammjacks wrote:

I have the same question, happy enough that I can make things work in C# by modifying existing indicators.

But how does it work when exporting to export advisors? What extra work needs to be done to get that working as all I see in the repository is c# code?

Cheers

For export function to work, you have to make a .mqh version of the .cs indi.
Examples are in Custom and Indicators folder at   Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com

Your work must go into Custom folder.

Ace cheers for make that clearer footon

Great so basically it look like the following:

CustomIndicator.cs in this folder: Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Indicators

CustomIndicator.mqh in this folder: Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com

And then the export to advisor function should work as intended in fsbpro?

Your custom MQL indicators go to:

C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Custom

The file is the same for MT4 and MT5.
(The folder is called MT4 Files because there was no MT5 at that time smile )

Cool cheers,

I managed to make a small start by copying the Momentum MT indicator and making some edits which loaded up nicely as the same indicator but a different name.

However then I though I would try and modify the ATR stop indicator. But I can only find the .mqh file for this indicator but not the .cs file?

Also what is the .mqh file? It seems to be a file that can be compiled by both mt4 and mt5? If so what language is it written in?

MQH files are libraries that the experts load. They are written in MQL as the other experts.
MQH files are suitable for indicators and other common functions that can be re-used by various experts.

The ATR Stop indicator is special because FSB Pro uses it to manage Stop Loss.
FSB Pro and EA Studio indicators are calculated on market data only. That is. The indicators do not have access to the positions or to the account parameters.

SL, TP and Break Even are managed by the backtester.

> But I can only find the .mqh file for this indicator but not the .cs file?

All FSB Indicators are publicly available here: https://github.com/PopovMP/FSB_Pro_Indicators
We created this C# project to be easier to create and compile custom indicators.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Adding new indicator to FSB