1 (edited by yonkuro 2022-07-05 04:18:22)

Topic: Brute Force Optimizer and Sort by OOS Result

Dear Popov,

Could you please consider to add brute force optimizaton feature where the optimizer will search for all possible combinations for a single strategy, just like meta trader optimizer with “Genetic Algorithm” unticked?

This feature should be separated from reactor tab, because it’ll take a long time for optimization process so it’s designed for a completed single strategy only.

Combined with EA Studio advanced “acceptance criteria”, I think it will give a lot of flexibility for end users to create/modify strategy the way they want.

And also “Sort by OOS result” will be very useful, I think you already had kind of “beta version” here https://forexsb.com/forum/post/66760/#p66760

Best Regards.

do or do not there is no try

Re: Brute Force Optimizer and Sort by OOS Result

Hello Yonkuro,

> Could you please consider to add brute force optimizaton feature

Brute-force optimization is possible, but I'm not sure how useful it may be.

> “Sort by OOS result” will be very useful

Yes, you are correct.
There are things I've not figured out yet. I'll return to that problem later.

3 (edited by yonkuro 2022-07-05 11:22:27)

Re: Brute Force Optimizer and Sort by OOS Result

Popov wrote:

Hello Yonkuro,

> Could you please consider to add brute force optimizaton feature

Brute-force optimization is possible, but I'm not sure how useful it may be.

Yes Popov, I think brute force optimizer should come with Monte Carlo and Multi Market Validation tool

So for example I've finished running the reactor, and got the strategy I like, or I already have a completed strategy  and I want to improve this strategy further.

Say I want to find all of the possible combinations parameter of this strategy that make profit on several pairs with tighter acceptance criteria on both Optimizer and Multi Market Validation, and I want the Optimizer to not touch certain parameter such as shift for MA or deviation for Bollinger Band, or maybe SL & TP (which I can untick in optimizer)

I'll get the result I want faster with brute force optimizer than a normal generator/reactor.

do or do not there is no try