Topic: FST crashes on start

Windows gives me and error when I start FST: Forex Strategy Trader has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience. I'm running windows XP 64 and when it installs it looks like it's installing x86 but i could be wrong. Any way around this issue? I would really like to give this program a try.

Re: FST crashes on start

Did you run it properly? Pleas read this: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1388/how … -with-fst/

jobieadobe,

from my Personal experience Windows XP x64 not the way to go. Many Windows programs won't install on x64. I think I had even issue installing native Windows .Net on it. After 8 months of using it , I just moved to Vista and now on Win7.

have you tried different OSs?

Yes I installed it as the video instructed. It crashes on start where the little green bars move. I have tried version 1 and 1.2. Interestingly it installs to my x86 folder... As if it doesn't recognize I have a 64 bit processor... hmmm either way it should work. It's probably system specific if no other 64 bit users have this problem. I will probably upgrade to windows 7 64 soon anyways. Thanks for all you input!

The place of installation doesn't matter. The program is portable. The reason for crashing must be other. What is coming to my mind is improper version of .NET Framework 2. There are two packets x86 and 64bit. I remember I have seen before 64bit CPU with 32bit Win and 64bit Framework doesn't work. And what about FSB? Does it work or crashes also? Both programs use same manner of installation.

Please make a screen shot of the error message. (You can press "Print Screen" button and to paste the screen shot in Paint.)

jobieadobe wrote:

Yes I installed it as the video instructed. It crashes on start where the little green bars move. I have tried version 1 and 1.2. Interestingly it installs to my x86 folder... As if it doesn't recognize I have a 64 bit processor... hmmm either way it should work. It's probably system specific if no other 64 bit users have this problem. I will probably upgrade to windows 7 64 soon anyways. Thanks for all you input!

Jobieadobe,
As I said, XP x64 is very unstable OS. Even Mictosoft Native applications won't work on it.
Please use tested systems like Win7x64 or Vista x64. or Win2k3.

http://s2.postimage.org/sWg70.jpg

Yeah the other one installs and works great! So is there a way I could just get the 64 packet alone? Avoiding the code that determines which to install?

Please try this portable version FST_v1.2.1_Portable.7z.

bummer same error. Maybe it's just my system?

I'm using Windows XP X64 as my main OS and it is very fast and stable. I'm running 10 instances of FST since 1.2.1 released without any error message.

There might be other issues in your computer that affects the FST (or maybe the whole system).

Try to reinstall .NET drivers.  Maybe its reasonabe to reinstall whole OS and update all drivers.

jobieadobe wrote:

bummer same error. Maybe it's just my system?