forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Data not being accurate, Please help.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Data not being accurate, Please help.

Hey guys, So I have created multiple EA's with Expert Advisor Studio. Each one I run through all the tests on the application. Once I take that mq4 file and compile it to an ex4 and input it into mt4's strategy tester the results are terrible. I am using 99.9% DUKSACOPY data, the same as Expert Advisor Studio. However when I run it in the back tester it just fails every single time. I have tried changing the spread and slippage. I have made sure the spread, slippage and commission inputs are the same as my broker before I generate the EA's. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thank you.

Re: Data not being accurate, Please help.

> Once I take that mq4 file and compile it to an ex4 and input it into mt4's strategy tester the results are terrible

EA Studio backtests match the MT tests if the data and settings are the same.

To be sure everything is fine, import data from MT to EA Studio before generating strategies.

If you still have problems, please post screenshots and we will find the problem.

Popov wrote:

> Once I take that mq4 file and compile it to an ex4 and input it into mt4's strategy tester the results are terrible

EA Studio backtests match the MT tests if the data and settings are the same.

To be sure everything is fine, import data from MT to EA Studio before generating strategies.

If you still have problems, please post screenshots and we will find the problem.

Okay thank you, it is accurate now, only problem is I can only get 2 months of data on the m1 lo. Curiously, any generated EA's will work for the 2 months but any month prior it blows the account. Should I use a higher time frame to get a longer lasting EA? Or am I dong something wrong?

Like I can generate a few strategies, and they will work for as long as the data is there. For example If its generated on data thats 2 months long, itll work great for those 2 months. But as soon as I go 1 month before the original start date, the account blows and performance is terrible. Why is that?

And also if I have a portfolio of strategies and it says I make a good return, like fairly high return with all of the generated EA's combined, How do I know that once I buy this and export them that it wont do the exact same thing. I just don't understand how I am meant to believe any of the results that are shown. If an EA can be generated for the 2 months and then not work a month before the original start date, How am I to believe it will work next month? I could forward test sure, But what about 2 months from now or 3. I am just really confused by this, also thank you for the quick reply.

2 months of data is much too few, you´ll need to use at least 5 years, only then things become statistically significant and you´ll have a slight chance for the EA to make money going forward. Personally, I am generating on 35 years of data, and even then, some strategies fail going forward. That´s the nature of trading, nothing is certain "tomorrow".

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Data not being accurate, Please help.