forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → "Minimum count of trades" is being ignored for "In Sample (training)"

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by geektrader 2022-03-31 06:36:10)

Topic: "Minimum count of trades" is being ignored for "In Sample (training)"

Hi Mr. Popov,

Here is a strange bug I´ve experienced today:

In the "Common Acceptance Criteria", set "Minimum count of trades" to 100 (or whatever you like) for the "In Sample (training) part" and leave everything else blank. Then go to the Generator and enable the "Use the common Acceptance Criteria" as well as setting "Out of Sample" to "In sample".

By doing this, the "Minimum count of trades" is ignored by the generator and it generates strategies with much fewer trades.

Hope you can fix this.

P.S.: It´s working fine if using it in the "Complete Backtest" section, just not the "In Sample (training)" if "Out of Sample" is set to "In sample" in the Generator (otherwise it works too, if a % OOS part is being used).

Thank you.

Re: "Minimum count of trades" is being ignored for "In Sample (training)"

Any fix possible Mr. Popov?

Just wanted to mention that this bug still exists as of v2022.12.05. It also applies to any acceptance criteria if set up in the way mentioned above.

geektrader wrote:

Just wanted to mention that this bug still exists as of v2022.12.05. It also applies to any acceptance criteria if set up in the way mentioned above.

hi geektrader, do you have any media like telegram or something ? to talk about the acceptance criteria and the win rate in real acc of the generated strategies if you like.

I have also noticed it. I think that the generator selects the best ea with a number of operations close to the one you have put in the minimum of trades, although I have not tried increasing the number of trades because they usually give the same results as one with less and you pay more commissions, or I'm wrong?

It's simply a bug that happens in the form described in my initial post and applies to any IS metric you specify there. Popov will fix it hopefully, although it was ignored for 8 months so far unfortunately.

>  Then go to the Generator and enable the "Use the common Acceptance Criteria" as well as setting "Out of Sample" to "In sample".

Your observations are correct. This is intended behaviour.

EA Studio calculates and validates the "In sample" settings only when the OOS option is used.

If I calculate and validate the In Sample stats, it will make the Generator slower.

I thought that this might be intentional, but I still think it isn´t very clear logic-wise. If I specify "In Sample" acceptance criteria, I´d expect that these are consistently obeyed, even if I just "In Sample" data in the Generator/Reactor. It´s a bit confusing this way if they are ignored if no OOS data is used and only the "Complete Backtest" criteria are used. New users might not understand this logic.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → "Minimum count of trades" is being ignored for "In Sample (training)"