forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → DST affecting EA strategy

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by lance298 2021-11-03 03:58:49)

Topic: DST affecting EA strategy

Hi, recently my broker decided to move the server time 1 hour ahead due to DST (instead of the price bar printing at 5AM, now it's printing at 6AM). This affected my strategy that I created before DST took place.

Now that I have retrained my EA using the latest historical data, how does the data reflect inside eastudio? Will the entire historical data be moved ahead by 1 hour due to my broker DST change or only the new bars where DST has taken place? In either case, what is the best thing to do and how should I handle this situation? Should I exclude the historical data from the DST period?

Thanks

Re: DST affecting EA strategy

How does it affect exactly? As far as I can see you are talking about lesser TFs than H4, so how's everything different?

Data is just the same as your broker provides, if you're using your brokers data, are no shifts.

Re: DST affecting EA strategy

EA Studio uses the data sets as they are uploaded.

DST change doesn't reformat the old data. They are always the same. The DTS affect only the start of a new bar of live data.

DST has two effects on the backtest
- inconsistent bar shape on H1, H4, and D1 charts of the new bars
- changed Entry / Exit time when using time-based indicators or the Trading Session options.

We don't have a general solution to the problem.
I really hope we will stop applying for DST soon. The discussions for that started 3 years ago in the European Union but not any real decisions so far.

The "Entry Time " and "Exit Time" indicators are off by defaults. You may not use them in your case.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → DST affecting EA strategy