forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → portfolio trading in USA

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: portfolio trading in USA

Hi

Is it possible to trade the portfolio (a bindle of EAs) generated by EA Studio in USA-based brokers?

Re: portfolio trading in USA

Unfortunately, it is not possible.

The problem is the FIFO rule. When several strategies open positions, they must close in the same order. However,  we cannot do it because it will break the trading logic.

Portfolio bots need hedging. And FIFO rules. So unfortunately no.

There are work arounds. Multiple accounts. An account for shorts and an account for longs. Place the portfolio bot on a demo platform of an offshore broker and then copy the trades to your US acct.

Not ideal.

Or use an offshore broker. There are a few good ones.

Popov,

MT5 uses Netting account for hedging.

Long time ago you mentioned that you would like to create some function whereby the EA will calculate the over (net) effect of the positions of the Portfolio.

You can consider using the same method that MT5 is using, ie. Netting effect whereby if the over Net position is Long, open a position according to the lot size on Long.

Eg, out of 300 EA trading at 1 lot size.  200 are Long and 100 are short, overall the Net position would be 100 Long, so open 100 lot size long.  If and when some trades supposed to close, the net effect would either increase the lot size of the Long or decrease the long size of the short.  If by any chance the direction has changed, ie. 100 Long and 200 Short, then close the Long position and open a Short position.

So if EAS can create an option whereby users can choose "Use Netting Effect" = True/False

Then EAS can cater to US citizen or some Prop firm that uses MT5

Miroslav - Would it be possible to add "netting" or something similar to EAS?

You can try making 3 Portfolios for EURUSD, USDJPY, and EURJPY with Long-only mode. It will actually cover both market directions.

Another possible Portfolio combination is: GBPUSD, EURUSD, EURGBP

Miroslav - I truly appreciate the helpful hints that you have provided to me not only in this thread but also in other threads. As you well know a USA-based trader is disadvantaged in terms of what is allowed in forex trading. To overcome this disadvantage I try to continually educate myself so I can compete on a playing field that is not necessarily level. Unfortunately this education usually comes with a cost; the cost being failed strategies/portfolios caused by trying to do something that is not allowed by USA but allowed elsewhere in the world.

It would be extremely helpful if there were a chapter in the software documentation or a "helpful hints" guide that discussed using EAS and FSB Pro as USA-based traders.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → portfolio trading in USA