Topic: Asian pattern,European trade 'currency trader Aug 2010 Vol.'

Dear All
i came  across this strategy , is that strategy applicable for test with FSB !! all ideas are welcome

Buy
1. The Asian session’s net movement (open – close) is negative;
2. The close of today’s Asian session is below the close of yesterday’s Asian session;
3. The Asian session’s net movement is between 20 and 30 percent of the 14-day ATR.

Sell
1. The Asian session’s net movement is positive;
2. The close of today’s Asian session is above the close of yesterday’s Asian session;
3. The Asian session’s net movement is between 20 and 30 percent of the 14-day ATR.

The strategy uses a profit target of 1.5 times the 14-day ATR; the stop-loss is half the 14-day ATR.

http://s2.postimage.org/rkJWA.jpg

http://s2.postimage.org/rkMqJ.jpg

http://s2.postimage.org/rkOVS.jpg

Re: Asian pattern,European trade 'currency trader Aug 2010 Vol.'

I am not sure which instruments you will want to use for this.... do you think you will have more than one instrument in your ea......

How do you think it will be possible to take the measure of one market and apply it to the strategy of another instrument.

I think this could be a very complex operation for Strategy Builder....  and I am not so sure that it could be relied upon.....

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

3 (edited by ahmedalhoseny 2010-09-15 05:55:17)

Dear Blaiserboy

Buy
1. The Asian session’s net movement (open – close) is negative;
2. The close of today’s Asian session is below the close of yesterday’s Asian session;

If there is an indicator to build Three sessions timeframes per day ( sure asian session will be No1 candle every day so we can calculate open-close ( point 1 solved)

because it is No1 candle every day so if today is 0 then the last asian session will be 0+ 3 +3+.....  so we can compare today asian candle with yesterday asian candle ( point 2 solved)

The last point is to compare ATR (last 14 asian sessions) with (14 Full Days ) , and if it is applicable to add a new logic to indicators logics that allow to jump N-bars in its calculations i think we can test it ( this function can be used with all indicators and can open the way to test more specific ,highly profitable advanced strategies) .

These are my approach to solve that problem

Any other ideas !!!!!

NB:Asian pattern,European trade is the name of the strategy , the strategy use one instrument( currency pair)  the point is to consider that Asian pattern= asian candle and if these conditions happend so we take the trade in EU session

Regards

Hi ahmedalhoseny,
I have looked into the strategy statistic and what I can say, trading is very personal thing and it based on risk/reward attitude. However my expectation is Profit 20% month with 10% or less DD. if strategy cannot do that, I just go to next one. 8% a year, it is a joke! with 14% DD, I'd rather put the money into bank and get guarantied 5-6% !! no risk involved, or swap strategy 40-60% year (no risk involved). Please accept this as my personal opinion, no critics to your side, only to the strategy itself. My personal opinion, FSB generates strategies better than this one in only 5 minutes and no brain work involved :-D

5 (edited by ahmedalhoseny 2010-09-17 08:21:57)

Hello Fxwinner and thnx for reply
Iam really appreciate your words ( at least you post a reply wink )
You are absolutely right if we take that strategy as is , but my idea when sharing any strategy not the profits only But the most important ( the idea or concept behind the strategy itself) so
1- we ca use FSB to add more conditions to the concept
2- we can imitate the concepts to bring another concepts
3- The strategy results done using one currency pair and it test only one entry and one exit condition
So why we only look to profit without looking to No. of winning Trades ,stoploss condetions  , and currency pair tested ....etc

My ideas were
1- To share a profitable strategies and
2- To find strategies concepts that challenge FSB logic and this will makes us try to find new ideas to ,build a new indicators or even (popov) to add more logics  and this will maximize the abelities of FSB

Return back to That Strategy and if you conseder it as a challenge What are your suggesions to make this strategy condetions could be tested by FSB  Any ideas !!!

Regards

Oh, cool, I got you now.
It at the movement FSB has sufficient amount of features to get profitable trading. we just need to learn which and how to use them properly. Profit trading is not in complicity but in simplicity. Some good traders still using just a few indicators like MA , Stoc etc. So we have high chance to hit our targets with what we have already if we combine our efforts together.

For the Asian session, what is your starting and ending time in GMT? FSB can get the time of the bar, so it might be possible to create an indicator that gets bars matching the time of day. The indicator could be created as:
1) user selects timezone, Asian start and end time are coded in the indicator; 
2) user selects start and end time himself as parameters;
The user could get data from anywhere, set to any timezone, best to let the user select the correct time. Myself, I prefer option 2), then the user can set it to any session.

Another approach: assume the Asian - European - US sessions are all 8 hours, one ends and the next starts with no overlap, then split the day into 3 candles. I don't like this approach because I think London and New York overlap.