Topic: Multiple Time Frame Strategies

Would it be possible to add the feature of using multiple time frames to automate trades?  I know MT4 applies an EA which FST uses per chart, but you could significantly increase profitability with bigger stipulations.

Take for instance the logic such that:
- Only enter long positions while the 1 day MACD rises on a 1 minute or 5 minute strategy.
- Only enter short positions while the 1 day MACD falls on a 1 minute or 5 minute strategy.
- Only enter long positions while the 1 week MACD rises on a 1 day strategy.
vice versa, etc.

Currently if I want to correspond say a 1 minute and 5 minute CCI, I'd put the 1 minute as say 10 and the 5 minute as ten times more at 50.

Re: Multiple Time Frame Strategies

DK wrote:

Would it be possible to add the feature of using multiple time frames to automate trades?  I know MT4 applies an EA which FST uses per chart, but you could significantly increase profitability with bigger stipulations.

Take for instance the logic such that:
- Only enter long positions while the 1 day MACD rises on a 1 minute or 5 minute strategy.
- Only enter short positions while the 1 day MACD falls on a 1 minute or 5 minute strategy.
- Only enter long positions while the 1 week MACD rises on a 1 day strategy.
vice versa, etc.

Currently if I want to correspond say a 1 minute and 5 minute CCI, I'd put the 1 minute as say 10 and the 5 minute as ten times more at 50.

I agree - multiple time frames would be great!

more logical slots for open and close may do what you need......

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

more logical slots for open and close may do what you need......

The indicators correlate each other, so more slots do not improve a strategy.  My opinion is that four slots are completely enough, but if you want you can use up to 8 entry filter and 8 exit filter slots.