1 (edited by Wayfarer 2020-12-20 13:58:51)

Topic: Trades not executing...

Hi Guys,

So I have two accounts with Dukoscopy broker. One demo account which holds ALL the strategies and another demo simulating a “real” account, this one takes the best performers and trades with them.

However, I’ve realised that performance is not as expected between demo and “real” accounts. I’ve investigated further and can see that while strategies are executing on one account they are not ALWAYS simultaneously executing on the other account – as one would expect.

This is a major problem obviously as I cant’t truly assess strategy performance and the whole system and methodology I am relying on collapses and I am wasting my time. What is the problem here? Are my MT4 settings inconsistent, is it the broker or something else? Have others experienced this and what are the solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Trades not executing...

Are you using some kind of trade copying program?

Have you verified that data feed is the same for all accounts? Quite often some brokers muddy the water by having different data feed between demo and real accounts.

Are account conditions and details identical between all accounts? For instance, some brokers are not taking orders from 00:00 to 00:05 or for an even longer period.

mt settings, again identical between the platforms?

No errors? Nothing suspicious in logs?

footon wrote:

Are you using some kind of trade copying program?

Have you verified that data feed is the same for all accounts? Quite often some brokers muddy the water by having different data feed between demo and real accounts.

Are account conditions and details identical between all accounts? For instance, some brokers are not taking orders from 00:00 to 00:05 or for an even longer period.

mt settings, again identical between the platforms?

No errors? Nothing suspicious in logs?

Thanks for your response.

Basically I have two MT4 platforms open on my VPS and both with the same broker (Dukoscopy). On one MT4 I have ALL the strategies active (Demo account). On another MT4 I have taken only the best performing ones ("Real" account). However, I would expect that the same strategies will execute on both accounts and at the same time but this is not the case.

How do I check if MT setting are identical between both open instances of MT4?

There was a similar thing a week or 2 ago, turned out that the number of bars on chart had to be raised and it was a fix.

You can check specifications as well between the accounts by right clicking on symbols in market watch window, trade sessions and similar.

Is data identical?

hello Wayfarer,

Well i had a likewise issue and like Footon said and finally after some good suggestions from other members i found it had mulitple reasons why the demo took different trades from the account where only the best EA's where active;
this 2 topics have been my fix;
https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/8646/trade-context-is-busy/
https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/8629/portfolio-expert-different-results-on-second-demo-same-broker/

hope this helps