Topic: Multi-Core CPU support?

Hello,

just discovered FSB today and it´s an amazing program! GREAT work! Running some optimizations now, but notice that it doesn´t seem to make use of Multi-Core CPU´s. At least it only uses 1 out of my 4 CPU cores. Is there a way to make it use all CPU cores or is this planned? As this could speed-up optimizing dramatically, given that multi-core-CPU´s are standard nowadays.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Multi-Core CPU support?

Yes, currently FSB uses only 1 core per instance, but there is an advantage - you can use multiple instances of the FSB (up to 4) at the same time to build several strategies simultaneously.

geektrader wrote:

Hello,

just discovered FSB today and it´s an amazing program! GREAT work! Running some optimizations now, but notice that it doesn´t seem to make use of Multi-Core CPU´s. At least it only uses 1 out of my 4 CPU cores. Is there a way to make it use all CPU cores or is this planned? As this could speed-up optimizing dramatically, given that multi-core-CPU´s are standard nowadays.

Thanks a lot!

Yes, that´s clear. But I would prefer to have all 4 cores used at once to build ONE strategy, especially for systems that run on 1-minute bars with several years of data that would speed up the building extremely. Can I pay for such a feature somehow?

Using long periods of data is not as good as breaking up the data and backtesting smaller segments... therefore not a great need for multi core

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....