1 (edited by Irmantas 2020-11-16 17:42:06)

Topic: Mt5 error

Hi all,

Trying to generate only Bar Open strategies and run them on mt5 tester. On some strategies all working good, but on others I get error and it ruins backtest:
Error: ActionTrade::ManageOrderSend(): OrderCheck(): Invalid volume in the request

Example of strategy attached. I tried on few different mt5 brokers.

Post's attachments

Strategy1.mq5 247.2 kb, 2 downloads since 2020-11-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Mt5 error

Sometimes it spits different one :
Error: ActionTrade::ManageOrderSend(): OrderCheck(): Invalid request

Would be nice to get some fix, I can edit manually each EA if needed.

Hey Irmantas,

You're defeating the virus for now, I see? smile

You can try this:
https://forexsb.com/forum/post/52277/#p52277

footon wrote:

Hey Irmantas,

You're defeating the virus for now, I see? smile

You can try this:
https://forexsb.com/forum/post/52277/#p52277

Hi footon, thanks for answer. Probably tomorrow will make a test if it is simple cold or corona virus big_smile
I already tried your suggestion. It's the same as using original code or using "ORDER_FILLING_IOC". Strange thing is that EA makes few trades (instead of thousand) and then gives these errors. I attach another example. Something is really of with mql5 code.

Post's attachments

cci div.xml 11.69 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-11-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

5 (edited by Irmantas 2020-11-17 19:59:32)

Probably it's not about filling type, because I tried on 3 different mt5. On two I get that "Invalid volume in the request". Mt5 makes some trades, but majority fails. On 3rd mt5 which is ActivTrades I get your error about filling type, and here this fix works. However after changing order type to correct as link suggest I start to get same invalid volume error with couple trades and rest is not made...  It happens with about 60% of EAs, and with other it does not. However I can not find out how these EAs differs from each other to find out at what place it starts to spit these errors. EAs seems to be just with different indicators.

My bet it is more a case about bad trade management/lot sizing in created mql5 code, because "invalid volume". But ye, I should be humble here, because I am not programmer just guessing wildly.

I asked my broker about order filling type. They do not know, and said I should ask EA developer about this smile

Would be nice if someone confirms that their mt5 EAs works flawlessly on tester with "open prices only", or they are getting same errors in Journal. I saw in forum post that other people struggle with mt5. Maybe it is the same case?

Probably I found what causes these errors. Using of "Additional Entry Signals".
I made 4 EAs with same strategy, with different exits:

1. Only Reverse - only few trades made and rest is no trades with error "OrderCheck():invalid volume in the request"
2. Only fixed TP and SL with doing nothing on opposite signal - NO ERRORS
3. Both, reverse and fixed TP SL - as in 1st "OrderCheck():invalid volume in the request"
4. Fixed TP SL, do nothing on reverse, and Add on next same direction signal - Most trades ok, but I start to get "OrderCheck(): Invalid request", probably that adding is causing this error time to time.

At least I know now when strategies will not work with mt5. Also would be nice if mr Popov confirms that there is no bugs in FSB pro mt5 EAs and still it is caused by buggy mt5.

Next step what I will do is to check EAs code by myself to see if "Additional Entry Signals" have any clear mistakes, but probably I will fail here, it's beyond my programing understanding.

Have a nice day

Probably it is something to do with account type, netting or hedging they are, I believe. Do you know which one you're using? I hope your broker don't send you to the grocery store for information smile

footon wrote:

Probably it is something to do with account type, netting or hedging they are, I believe. Do you know which one you're using? I hope your broker don't send you to the grocery store for information smile

I can open 2 opposing orders, so hedging. Can I change account type somewhere in fsb/mql? Well I guess I need to ask broker for netting account and test this.

footon wrote:

No more errors footon smile  So FSB must be used only with mt5 netting accounts? Somehow I missed this. Well before my long holiday I was using netting account, however now I switched to a broker with hedging accounts. So after exporting EA I changed Order type to "ORDER_FILLING_IOC" to make it work as link provided described. I believe yesterday I checked this but I got same error, probably made mistakes with files/names or even checked on wrong platform big_smile 

Glad this issue is solved now.

Possibly other people suffer with a same issue about hedging accounts and get different results than mt4 or fsb backtest.

Good news smile Good luck!

Yes, only netting accounts, FSB doesn't hedge.