1 (edited by footon 2010-08-31 09:59:31)

Topic: FST fails to open

FST doesn't start, only an error message appears

http://s3.postimage.org/cDSqA.jpg

any thoughts from anyone?

Definitely needing help, because the problem persists even after reinstallation, it crashes when it starts loading the strategies (according to Starter), so I deleted them, then a box appears which states it has failed loading a strategy and it generates a new one, after that it still won't open FST.

Re: FST fails to open

What have you done with the computer before this situation? Did you reinstalled the NET framework also ?

footon wrote:

FST doesn't start, only an error message appears

http://s3.postimage.org/cDSqA.jpg

any thoughts from anyone?

Definitely needing help, because the problem persists even after reinstallation, it crashes when it starts loading the strategies (according to Starter), so I deleted them, then a box appears which states it has failed loading a strategy and it generates a new one, after that it still won't open FST.

Hi,

I suddenly have a similar problem when I try to open the FST. I have been running FST for some time both on a computer running windows 7 and a VPS running windows server 2003.

On the windows server 2003 I have 12 FST running at the same time. When I try to open number 13 it freezes. The 12 other keeps running fine. This error I believed may be caused lack of capacity on the server side?

The second error I am not sure of why appears and hope someone can help me with. When I try to open FST on my windows 7 I can only manage to open FST one time after a fresh installation of the FST. When I try to open a second FST (in order to have several strategies running in one MT4) I ger this error:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
  Navn på problemhændelse:    CLR20r3
  Problemsignatur 01:    forex strategy trader.exe
  Problemsignatur 02:    1.0.0.0
  Problemsignatur 03:    4b852718
  Problemsignatur 04:    Forex Strategy Trader
  Problemsignatur 05:    1.0.0.0
  Problemsignatur 06:    4b852718
  Problemsignatur 07:    482
  Problemsignatur 08:    44
  Problemsignatur 09:    System.NullReferenceException
  OS-version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Landestandard-id:    1030

Then I have to remove the FST and reinstall it again. Then I can open FST once and the same error appears when I try to open a second FST.

Does anyone know what the may cause these errors?

Thanks in advance.

zenoni wrote:

What have you done with the computer before this situation? Did you reinstalled the NET framework also ?

no, didn't do anything with NET framework, will try it out as well.

Itai wrote:

Problemsignatur 09:    System.NullReferenceException

Then I have to remove the FST and reinstall it again. Then I can open FST once and the same error appears when I try to open a second FST.

exactly the same what I'm experiencing! bloody hell, I can't figure out what's wrong...

I'm very sorry for the problem. It's due to wrong format of the config info FST downloads from the website.

To fix it, please delete the fstconfig.xml file from the System subfolder.

After restarting FST will download the correct file alone.
Reinstaling FST will also help now.

Thank you Miroslav! Works like a charm now big_smile

Thats great. It works also perfectly here. Thanks a lot!  smile

It was terrible mistake by my side. I should protect FSB / FST from such errors.
Thank you for your reports!

I have experienced stability issues when I run more that 8-9 instances of FST simultaneously. If I try to run 10 ore more instances then the FST craches. It is stable with 8 instance.

Maybe it is realted somehow to the MT4 data stream etc.