Topic: New Website Design

Hello all users and fans of our software,

We made a radder big change of the website transferring it to a wiki system. We hope this will make it easier for us to maintain and expand and possible for you to edit and correct.

Please share with us your opinion and ideas for further improvement. Or even better, press the Edit button and write what you think is necessary.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Re: New Website Design

I hope that this new website engine will boost the community particiaption in FSB/FST project.

I advice to monetise the website and server costs with small ADS via Adsense with heading: "Support us, click me etc."

I hope that loyal members will click on ads once per day.

[

zenoni wrote:

I hope that this new website engine will boost the community participation in (the) FSB/FST project.

(My) advice to monetise (this) website and server costs(, are)with small ADS via Adsense with (the) heading: "Support us, click me etc."

I hope that loyal members will click on (the) ads once per day.

also....adding adsense to any webpage will get that page indexed almost instantly in google. But if you do want some highly targeted buyer traffic coming to your website - send me a pm and i'll outline the strategy for you....it's not that difficult to set up wink

smile sorry - but someone mentioned on this new site to correct any english mistake - not meaning to be rude !

heading: "Support us, click me etc."

Hmmm - this type of heading doesn't work - it shows you are a potential desperate (or a scammer) - in the english speaking world, most would stay away from such titles - the Donate Now title is another example of this. It used to be popular 10-20 years ago - but over the years, so many scammers have been using the same methods - so now people tend to try avoid these things.

Normally though, when you setup adsense, it is best to allow google to pick what ads show up - as their crawlers decide what is relevant to your webpage. Of course there might be an instance (briefly usually) where the ads that show up can be a competitor site.

But that's ok!.....because google then increase your page rank (PR) score....and when that happens, it helps your website get more page 1 results for the keywords you want to target.....so it becomes a win-win situation!

It also helps dramatically if your website is built using wordpress 3 - and change it to multi user mode - you do this by hacking into a file in the root directory (htaccess).....another tip for you smile 

Of course there are lots of things you can do to make your webpages more search engine friendly - these are just the start of that setup - but if you want to know more about this - just pm me and I'm happy to share with you wink

Maybe you are right.

I got this idea from another free or open source projects I have seen in the web.

Even large companies are providing free services while monetizing them via ads.

On another computer I found a problem when the font size DPI settings are higher than standard settings.

The website right column layout is broken.

I also used Opera browser http://www.opera.com

http://s3.postimage.org/1asS0.jpg

http://s3.postimage.org/1aHPS.jpg

I found a problem when the font size DPI settings are higher than standard settings.

It's because the div elements that form the columns use width in percent but the margin is in em.
I narrowed the columns a little bit. This will probably fix the problem. I prefer to be as closer as possible to the original dokuwiki markup.

It's OK now.

Popov wrote:

I found a problem when the font size DPI settings are higher than standard settings.

It's because the div elements that form the columns use width in percent but the margin is in em.
I narrowed the columns a little bit. This will probably fix the problem. I prefer to be as closer as possible to the original dokuwiki markup.