Topic: Has anyone used FSB EAs on REAL ACCOUNT?

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie in creating EA, but found FSB interesting with a lot of capabilities. FSB was interesting for me because I have had an experience with similar software that was being used for prediction of productivity of oil and gas plants based on the reliability of the equipment installed. I think the concept of both software is the same. Initial real data is taken by software with some defined parameters. (For FSB, the data are the OHLC prices and parameters are defined in the indicators and open/close points etc) then the software is run for some times and all the probabilities are calculated then with some changes in the parameters, the results are optimised.

My questions:

First: I see a lot of discussions (professional technical) in this forum but have not yet found any good feedback of anyone to say they have used FSB EA on a real account and has got results at least close to the tests they have done before running the EA on a real account.

FSB seems to be simulating a balance/equity curve that will suit for a period of time on a specific currency pair. However the Forex market has repeatable patterns but I am wondering why for example, when an EA has good results for one-year price data, it's not working well for example for two month period, or not working good on other currency (not cross currencies), if anyone have good experience please share.

After sometimes learning how to make almost acceptable EA that makes backtest results on MT4/5 close to the results showing on FSB Pro, I tried to run the EA on live demo, I faced with a big problem and it was that the number of trades on the live demo was not the same as trades that backtest for that period showed. However, I was replied by some experts that something like exponential or weighted MA may have caused that issue, but I am still wondering why FSB make such EA with those parameters, also such parameters are themselves as part of MT4/5 default setting for MA.

As I mentioned earlier, I am a newbie and if someone really has good experiences with a real account, I appreciate you to share some ideas.

Thanks

Re: Has anyone used FSB EAs on REAL ACCOUNT?

The question is:
Has anyone use EA's form FSB on a real account and still making money?

You are going to receive lots of answers or none at all for the simple reason that anybody answering will expose themselves to reality, or simply will give you a nice story( most probably not true).
Reality is not always sweet.

Most of the EA's in real life fail because is the nature of the business.

So, for some time  ( it could be days or weeks) the EA  will make money but eventually it will lose money.
Very few EA, could be consistent in the long term, unless large drawdowns and very small percent of capital committed to the account ( usually less than 1%).

It is a trail an error. There are some great videos that clearly show that most of the great testing EA's on back-test , fail in real life and show how to correct the problem by using OOS % and modeling for longer timeframes, but at the end this A, also fail.

There is not a safe heaven - NOT A HOLLY GRAIL in trading.
I wish I could tell you only great stories , but it will be a total misinformation to you or anybody.

If there is any body with some consisting trading approach using only FSB on real accounts their comets are very welcome, and their EA's or proof of consistency on real trading accounts a great proof that that is  very possible to be achieved.

So far I do not know anybody  that can proof the point above.

Maximus1 wrote:

The question is:
Has anyone use EA's form FSB on a real account and still making money?

You are going to receive lots of answers or none at all for the simple reason that anybody answering will expose themselves to reality, or simply will give you a nice story( most probably not true).
Reality is not always sweet.

Most of the EA's in real life fail because is the nature of the business.

So, for some time  ( it could be days or weeks) the EA  will make money but eventually it will lose money.
Very few EA, could be consistent in the long term, unless large drawdowns and very small percent of capital committed to the account ( usually less than 1%).

It is a trail an error. There are some great videos that clearly show that most of the great testing EA's on back-test , fail in real life and show how to correct the problem by using OOS % and modeling for longer timeframes, but at the end this A, also fail.

There is not a safe heaven - NOT A HOLLY GRAIL in trading.
I wish I could tell you only great stories , but it will be a total misinformation to you or anybody.

If there is any body with some consisting trading approach using only FSB on real accounts their comets are very welcome, and their EA's or proof of consistency on real trading accounts a great proof that that is  very possible to be achieved.

So far I do not know anybody  that can proof the point above.

Chillax dude . Trading forex bonds stocks index or crypto.. needs lot of knowledge and experience . Two types of people Who opts for mechanical trading is the one who already succeeded by trading manually and he wants to automate his system to trade multiple instruments  , other is one who wants to research , optimize , analyze , experiment new idea , want to get rid of emotionals mistakes etc..  don't discourage anyone most importantly there are professionals and newbie Traders in this form be polite and maintain standards maintain ethics.  I don't know why your spamming with literally zero knowledge about discretionary trading or mechanical trading ...  Driving a car is more risky than trading if you don't know how to drive.. and trying to race is a mistake.. don't spam the forum..

don't discourage anyone most importantly there are professionals and newbie Traders in this form be polite and maintain standards maintain ethics.  I don't know why your spamming with literally zero knowledge about discretionary trading or mechanical trading

Above is an example of a paragraph whereby a person can contradict himself, "....be polite and maintain standards..ethics" and in the next breath, insulting a person with comments such as "spamming with literally zero knowledge about discretionary trading or mechanical trading"

jeevan,

I appreciate your comments.

In light of your effort to proof the point of consistent mechanical trading success I challenge you to show one EA that is in line with your thoughts.

Spamming is is the use of messaging systems to send an unsolicited message (spam) to large numbers of recipients for the purpose of commercial advertising, My comments are not unsolicited nor are advertising , perhaps you used the incorrect adjective.

So, if you have any proof of what you asserted, please show it , that is all I am asking , the rest fall in the realm of speculation meaning all you may add it will considered worthless.

6 (edited by hannahis 2020-10-02 16:52:04)

Hi Maximus,

Save your breath...not worth sparring with people who accused others without basis. 

I've read your post and I wonder how on earth can someone derive such conclusion about you.

There is a saying, "Proverbs 18:13 Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish."

"Proverbs 18:6-7 Fools’ words get them into constant quarrels; they are asking for a beating. The mouths of fools are their ruin; they trap themselves with their lips"

I understand his accusation can make one's blood boil or feel unjustified, who won't.  Such comments invite quarrels...but be gracious, don't start the word sparring, no matter who wins, it's ugly...it's always a lose lose situation.

You know yourself whether you were right or wrongly accused and it would be wise to overlook an insult.  We readers are discerning lots...cheers, take heart.

"Proverbs 12:16 Fools show their annoyance at once, but the prudent overlook an insult."

hannahis,

wise words.

Thank you.

8 (edited by hd645 2020-11-03 07:48:02)

Thanks all,

I think this post is misleaded and my questions are not properly answered.

my conclusion: I tried to work with FSB Pro to make some EAs, It seems to be a good software for a person like me who didn't know about programming at least I could make some EAs. But the MOST SIGNIFICANT problem I found was that the EAs were not opening a position in the MTI live demo for few days, while there were many positions opened when I was doing back test offline.

I questioned who has made an EA with FSB pro and used it on a real account? (with making profit or loss) but it seems no one has used this software for the real Automatic trading yet.

For now, I think this software can only be used for playing and learning matters.

Thank you.

Please watch this video series. I show hot to use FSB Pro on a real account : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzY92-d … exSoftware

I' showing how to stress test your system on episodes 3 and 4. You will see literary 5 000 deals or one day.