forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → New user question re. indicators

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: New user question re. indicators

Hi all, long-time trader but new user of the EA Studio tool (which I love!), but I have a question which I'm afraid is extremely basic.

Once you have exported an EA, saved it and deployed it onto a chart in your chosen charting software tool, do you also need to load the relevant indicators with the correct settings onto that chart? Or, does the EA monitor the necessary indicators using the correct settings in the background?

PS. Any plans to add the Parabolic SAR indicator to the selection?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Re: New user question re. indicators

Export, deploy in relevant MT chart, let it trade. Nothing more or less to it as far as the EA goes.

PSAR - put it in the wish list, maybe developer will introduces it in the future.

Thanks for the response - I thought that would be the case.

Happy trading!

PSAR is a very special indicator. It controls both the entry direction and the exit price. It is included in FSB Pro, but it requires a "hack" in the backtester in order to run properly.

On the other hand, I decided to make EA Studio more logically precise and clear. PSAR can be added, but it requires to be separated on two different indicators. Let's say: PSAR Entry Direction and PSAR Exit Price. However, this split personality is not good also. A user or the Generator may set only one of them in a strategy and it will not work correctly, especially the Exit part. Even if we set both indicators, they may have different properties, which is also a problem. Another problem is the loss of performance because it will require two calculations.

Having these ideas in mind I decided to keep PSAR in FSB Pro only.

Thanks for the response - I understand. Based on my experience with EA Studio I plan to upgrade to FSB Pro shortly anyway.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → New user question re. indicators