forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Historical Forex Data → symbol settings for indices or commodities using FS historical data?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: symbol settings for indices or commodities using FS historical data?

hi all,
I have a simple question. I'm using the historical data service Popov provided (hats off!) efficiently for currencies and fx, but when it comes to things like indices, gold, oil etc, I can not run efficient analysis using the historical data. I can not determine the spread, the lot size and point value properly.
to give an example, let's say I'd like to build a robot using the EA Studio for DAX/Ger30 indices, the current spread in my system is 230 (to cross check the eurusd spread is 12), should I input 230 directly to tools>symbol settings? what about the lot size and point value for dax? what about gold?
How can I use the historical data efficiently for commodities and indices?
If anybody have used the historical for gold, oil, indices etc, please just share the details and let me know because I can not use this one efficiently and would I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks for the time and effort!..

Re: symbol settings for indices or commodities using FS historical data?

Hello Lestad,

Please run the attached script on the MetaTrader 4 chart for the corresponding symbol. The script will print the current symbol properties on the chart.

Post's attachments

Symbol Settings.mq4 3.99 kb, 9 downloads since 2020-07-02 

symbol-settings-on-mt4.png
symbol-settings-on-mt4.png 10.91 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-07-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hello Popov,

I am new to the forum and new to EA Studio (1st post). I downloaded the script you provided and tried to attach it to various charts on MT4 to get the symbol properties. However, absolutely nothing happens when I try to attach it. Is it out of date or something? please help. THANKS!

mrkob72 wrote:

Hello Popov,

I am new to the forum and new to EA Studio (1st post). I downloaded the script you provided and tried to attach it to various charts on MT4 to get the symbol properties. However, absolutely nothing happens when I try to attach it. Is it out of date or something? please help. THANKS!

Works fine, you're doing something wrong. It's for mt4, are you using mt4? Download the script and put it into Script folder. Then find it under Script folder in mt and drag it onto chart.

Hi Footon, thank you very much, my friend. Sometimes, we need someone to tell us we did something stupid :-). I mistakenly put it in the Experts folder instead of the Scripts folder. You're right. It works fine. Thanks!!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Historical Forex Data → symbol settings for indices or commodities using FS historical data?