Topic: Anyone else using MyFXBook (and Magic Numbers) ?

One of ways I am trying to improve on my trading is post-trade analysis. As such, I have connected my MT4 to MyFXBook which has some decent analytical tools but I have one issue.

My Magic Numbers are not showing up there.

I have downloaded the MyFXBook Connection EA and you need to attach the EA to each chart, I presume, where you want the magic numbers generated from. However, since I already have my strategy EA attached to the chart, and you can only attach one EA at a time, I do not see how I can ever get the magic numbers exported on automated systems.

I appreciate that's not really the concern of this software, but Im taking a step back and taking a holistic approach the trading - does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you,
Matthew

Re: Anyone else using MyFXBook (and Magic Numbers) ?

I use FxBlue

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hi -

Great, thank you - Im going to check them out. MyFXBook seems a little clunky anyway, so Im happy to have an alternative. If I have to live without Magic Numbers, it's not the end of the world since there is a good enough breakdown on there per ccy.

Appreciate that, though, thanks Blaiserboy!

They have many ways to manipulate the data, as you will see.

HI Blaiserboy,

Just looking at FXBlue now - out of interest, which apps are you using?

I am going to start with Account Monitor and see where I get.

Thanks,
Matthew

I just use the publisher, the other ones look interesting but I try to keep things very simple

Thank you.

A couple years ago, sorta like 'back in the day'., Hannahis did a lot of work re MyFXbook and FxBlue. I mean she really researched them, it would be good to have a look at her posts, there is lots to learn in there.

Ah yes, I did a quick search and she wrote to me a few months back on FXBlue as well. I thought I had solved the MyFXBook Magic Number problem a few days back again but we had more issues and I have now officially given up with them.

check out this freebie, it may help resolve the situation

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/36730

Nice, cheers. I saw a paid version of this somewhere and declined it, but this looks pretty useful!