forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → MT5 results are not close to FSB results

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: MT5 results are not close to FSB results

I am using FSB pro trial version. However, I am very new in MQL5 but just found FSB very attractive.
But I have a problem and I am not getting the results in MT5 same as the results in the software even close to the results. It's not just for a few strategies, I can say more than 80% of strategies I generate which has profit when it is backtested in MT5, I get losses or the profit is not at all close to the results in the software.

I am using demo account source data, I checked by random some bars data and It is matching the time and OHLC prices.
I have watched the videos explained by Mr. Popov and tried to follow the same way but not successful.

I am sure this software with so much effort at the background to design it should work, but I am wondering why I have far away differences.

Thanks for your help.

Re: MT5 results are not close to FSB results

to ensure the same result, you have to be sure the data is absolutely the same. it means you have to literarily import the files from MetaTrader.

You have to backtest in both FSB Pro and MT for the same time period.

The strategies must not have ambiguous bars, because MT doesn't have a proper mechanism to manage them.

You should not use indicators based on Volume.

It is best to stick to the bundled indicators only at the beginning. Later you may experiment with the Custom indicators.

Be careful with indicators that are based on Exponential Moving Averages. The problem with EMA is that it depends on the length of the data series.

With two words - the simpler the strategy, the better.

I am assuming that you have done all the testing available, ie  walk forward and multimarkets

I used to have a terrible time getting things to work until I got really fussy about the data start dates and the specs for the symbols.

I am sure that all of us have had some difficulty until we get used to all of the things that have to be checked.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thanks for replying.
Just a quick question, I am based in Australia and have 7 hours time difference with the broker market watch.
should I change the time zone in FSB?
I have actually linked the data source directly to MT5 folder where the files are stored

I have actually linked the data source directly to MT5 folder where the files are stored

This is the best solution.

FSB Pro doesn't have a timezone. It only uses the time of the bars from the data files. If the data files are from the broker, it means the FSB Pro "is in the correct timezone".

Just be sure, you can compare the data in FSB Pro chart with the MT chart. Point the mouse cursor over a significant bar (some bar with extreme height or shape) and compare the times. They must match exactly.

>  How can I eliminate ambiguous bars after intrabar scanning of my strategy?

FSB Pro and EA Studio detect and show situations where the exact order execution cannot be determined 100%.
It usually happens when SL and TP are within the bar range.

> Maybe there is a setting in FSB that I can adjust.
It is what it is. Ambiguous bars cannot be hidden.
However, they are not a problem because FSB Pro calculates the most negative outcome possible.
Calculate your strategy in the Method Comparator to be sure everything is fine.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → MT5 results are not close to FSB results