forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Uploading Tick Data

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Uploading Tick Data

Hi,

I want to upload Tick Data Suite (https://eareview.net/tick-data-suite) chart data into Expert Advisor Studio. They have 99.9% modeling quality.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

Re: Uploading Tick Data

Import your data in MetaTrader. Then use the provided EA Studio scripts to export the data in the proper JSON format.

If the modelling quality is your only reason to do it, it doesn't deserve the efforts. EA Studio is designed to backtest with 100% modelling quality with any Bar data set. (You don't have to use Take Profit, which also solves other issues)

My own preference has been to use my broker data so that errors are accounted for.

Perfect data is not necessarily going to give better results. the walk forward on the broker platform may have screw ups.

I just mention that because perfect data is not going to give you perfect results in actual real trading.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thanks Popov!

Hi Blaiserboy, what if the broker does not have more than 1 year for the hourly chart. I have already used the data from Tick Data Suite and I back tested it with my broker. The results are almost the same.

I agree 100% that broker chart data should be used. Most of the time, they do not provide enough.

Try with Dukascopy data from here: Historical Forex Data. It is easy to import in EA Studio and in MT.

Thanks

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Uploading Tick Data